Part 18

Another day passes. Then another, and then 5 more. It's September 30th, the due date. You and beyond ginormous. Considering you were as big as most people are at 9 months when you were 5 you are getting very uncomfortable. It sucks to walk for more than 20 steps and it sucks to stand for more than about 30 seconds. However, when you sit down you can't get comfortable. You can't get comfortable laying down either, so sleeping is pretty difficult and you don't get much of it, adding to your discomfort. Not only that, but your legs, feet, ankles, boobs, face, and now hands are swollen beyond compare. Plus your back hurts from all the extra weight, considering you've gained about 40 pounds since you were pregnant. You're extremely scared you're not going to be able to lose it again after you have Mackinley, and you're also extremely scared about how big he's going to be considering how big you are.You haven't left the house in days because even Josh and Ed's shirts are tight on you now. You basically spend all your time in his basketball shorts and sweats, or no pants at all. You also rarely wear a shirt, your new extra large sports bra is what you're in most of the time and if you wear a shirt, its one of the double XL shirts you had Josh buy you at Walmart. You get more anxious to give birth by the minute, mainly because being pregnant is getting to be so unbearable. You know it will all be worth it in when he comes, but it's hard to feel that way when you can't get comfortable. One night you and Josh are laying in bed and you know he's tired, but he tries to stay up until you fall asleep. "Josh you can go to bed. Me being tired and uncomfortable is inevitable, but you should get sleep when you can." you say to him. "I can't help it. I just feel so bad you can't sleep and I can. I promise I'll get up every single time when he cries at night so you can actually sleep." he says. "we can take turns." you say with a smile you force onto your lips, "go to sleep Josh." you lean over and kiss him and he does as you say as you lay in bed sleepless once again, even though you're exhausted. You get up at 3 and walk down to the kitchen where you get a diet coke and then you go to the bathroom, where you lay in a hot bathtub full of water sipping your diet coke and listening to a playlist with Ed and One D's chill songs with the lights dimmed. Josh walks into the bathroom and says "I woke up and you weren't in bed, I just wanted to check on you." He leans down and kisses your forehead, and then brings a chair in and starts massaging your back. You're as comfortable as you can get, and as comfortable as you've felt in days. You hadn't even thought about taking a bath, and with Josh's shoulder and back rub, you actually feel content. "You're the best" you whisper. "I just feel bad." he says sweetly. "That's about the fourth time you've said that tonight" you laugh. "You know I'd be uncomfortable if it meant you weren't right?" Josh says. "Yeah josh, I know you would. But you can't," you say getting up and out of the water, "So lets go to bed." You dry off and change into one of your tshirts and Josh's sweatpants and you finally are tired enough to fall asleep.  

-----

Days blur together, not doing much of anything besides trying to stay comfortable. You end up taking many baths, mainly because it's where you're most comfortable. Although it's now October, it's pretty hot for the time of year, so you spend most your time inside in the cool air conditioning. You spend every day wishing you were like the rest of your family and had given birth early, because soon you're a week overdue. One day Josh and Ed leave, telling you they're going to the store and when they come back a couple hours later you're in the bath tub. Josh walks into the bathroom and kisses you on the cheek. He sets down a bag and says, "put this on and come downstairs, I have a surprise for you." He walks out of the room before you even respond, so you slowly but surely get out of the tub and dry off quickly. You look in the bag and see a swimsuit that is about 4 sizes bigger than the small one you usually wear. You have absolutely no desire to go out to the beach, but you put it on anyway and walk downstairs. "Josh" you call, but there is no answer. You walk out to the patio and see why Josh had got you a new swimsuit. You look out into the backyard that Josh and Ed have a plastic pool set up and filling with water. The pool is not gigantic, but its about 4 feet and has a diameter of about fifteen feet. "Oh my gosh Josh. You bought a pool?" You ask. "Damn straight. You're comfortable in the water, but it can't be comfortable sitting cramped up in the tub, so I bought a pool and a bunch of different floaties you can lay on. You look to the side where they're all blown up. There's big ones and little ones, fat ones and skinny ones, blue ones and red ones. You pick one that has a floating device around the edge with mesh in the middle. When you get into the pool and lay on the floatie, the cool water engulfs you and you lay on the mesh, so you're almost fully emerged in water, but you don't have to work at all to stay floating. Soon Ed and Josh join you in the pool on their own floaties. They put a playlist on the loud speakers of fun beach music and you guys lounge in the pool for hours. Josh drinks a Mountain Dew, you have a brisk lemonade, and Ed has a bud light lime. You all stay in the pool just talking and hanging out for about 3 hours, just chilling out. You get out only because you're all hungry and you make supper. You go to bed that night easily, because after staying in the pool the majority of the day, you weren't sore at all. "Josh getting that pool was the best idea you ever have had." you say the next morning after sleeping pretty much all night, only waking up a few time. He smiles, and just kinda laughs. After lunch, all three of you go back into the pool again, playing the music and just talking. You literally stay in the pool for 5 hours, and then you all get out and dry off. You're actually feeling good, so you put on one of Ed's tshirts even though it's tight, and a pair of Josh's shorts and you three go out for supper at Panera. When you get home, you call your parents and talk for awhile, letting them know everything with the baby is still the same. You get a text from Niall that night that says "Have Mackinley already, would ya?" you laugh and respond, "I'll try." Niall tells you that him and the boys plan on coming to visit the second he's born, and he informs you that he has managed to keep the fact he knows it’s a boy and his name is Mackinley from the rest of the boys. As you're scrolling through your tumblr page you see a news article and actually laugh out loud. There's a picture of Ed and Josh loading the pool into the jeep and it reads "Source close to Jemma Hutcheran says baby had been born" The article proceeds to mention things such as 'Josh bought the pool for an at home water birth' and 'Emma has not been spotted for days' You show Josh the article and laugh together, and for the first time you're happy someone else probably took pictures of you tonight so you'll be seen online, still very very pregnant.