Part 11

The next half an hour is complete hell. You pace back and fourth in front of the front door until you see Josh drive up in the jeep and put it in park. You run out the door to him, and throw your arms around his neck. "Josh." you say breathlessly, "Josh I was so scared." He squeezes you tightly and you squeeze back even tighter. "I told you on the phone, and I'll tell you again. Everything is going to be okay." Josh says trying to keep his voice steady. You know he's scared too, you can tell by how tight he is holding you and the strained sound of his voice he's trying desperately to keep steady. "But Josh.." You break down. He tries to stay strong for a minute, but then he lets the tears slide down his face as you stand locked in each others arms silently in the driveway. "Lets bring the groceries in," Josh says, "then I need to park the jeep in the garage and we have to stay inside until my agent tells me otherwise." You wipe the tears aside with your hands and you both grab a handful of bags and carry them inside. Josh walks back out to park the jeep and is gone for a few more moments than needed. You decide to go out to the garage and check on him. He's in the jeep and he rolls down the window and says "Thank God Emma." You look at his face, it's sweating and pale. He's clenching his jaw and then he says words you don't know if you'll never forget. "Emma, there's a bomb under my seat." Your heart absolutely sinks. "Wha---what?" you say after a moment of silence. "As far as I can tell, it's just weight activated. But I cannot move a muscle. Please get your phone and call 911" You pull the phone out and dial 911 with shaky fingers. "911 what's your emergency?" the operator says. "My boyfriend.. Josh. Josh Hutcherson there's a bomb in his car he can't move please please come quick. He's had death threat and theres a bomb and please." you start freaking out. "Mam what's your name?" "Emma, Emma Sheeran." You say. "Emma I need you to stay calm please. I just called the bomb unit of the LA police department and they're on their way right now. Your boyfriend? Josh? is he okay." "No he's not okay. There's a fucking bomb under him about to go off if he moves a muscle." you respond. "It's gonna be okay Emma. is Josh calm? is Josh by you." She says. "Yes, He's much more calm than I am, he's right next to me." you say. "Okay I need you to put your phone on speaker so I can talk to both you and josh okay? Can you do that sweetie?" She says very nicely. You click the speaker phone button on your phone and then wait for her next set of directions.  

-----

"Okay it's on speaker." You say. The operator then says "My name is Abigail. How are you guys doing?" "Terrible" you say, Josh says "I'll be a lot better once this bomb gets deactivated" with a smirk. Abigail says "Well Josh it's good to hear you are staying calm and joking around a bit. The bomb squad should be arriving any minute. Do you have any idea of who would do this?" "I was just told today from my agent people had been sending death threats. She told me that the police had been notified and were on a lead of who it could possibly be, but I haven't heard anything besides that." he says calmly. "I'll notify the lead detective of your case and he will come as soon as he can." Abigail says. "Thank you." Josh says to her. Just then you see the bomb squad show up so you usher them into the garage and hang up with Abigail. They have Josh back the jeep up out of the garage so they have more room to work. They all have bomb suits on and ask you to leave. You refuse. "I'm staying right here until that bomb is deactivated." you say sternly. Then Josh lifts his hand slowly and carefully, grabbing yours. "Emma you have to get out of here. Go to the house where you'll be safe. You can't be here in case it goes off." Josh says. "Josh I'm not leaving your side" you demand. The lead officer of the bomb squad then says "Listen mam, with all due respect. You can't stay here. I can't let you not only because you're in the way of me doing my job, but I'm also responsible for your life and you are not safe here." Josh squeezes your hand and says "Emma listen to him. Go where you're safe. I just want you to remember always that I love you. I'm so glad you are in my life because Emma I don't know what I'd do with out you. You're the best thing that's ever happened to me and-" You cut Josh off, "Josh don't you dare say goodbye" you stammer out, tears rushing down your face. "It's not goodbye Em, Just remember all of that. and that I love you okay." he says, crying but trying to stay as calm as he can. "I love you too Josh, I'll love you forever." is the last thing you say to him before one of the members of the bomb squad lead you away and into the house where you'll be safe if it goes off. Although it was only ten minutes you were inside, it felt like an eternity. It felt like an eternity before you heard the house shake, the sound of screams, and a bomb going off.