-----

You cry in your moms arms for awhile. When you stop crying, you walk into your room and Josh is already in bed, fast asleep. His eyes are red and puffy and a pang of guilt runs through you. You change into sweat pants and a tshirt and think about snuggling up to him but you feel to guilty to do that. You grab a fleece blanket that is on the end of your bed and wrap it around your shoulders. You walk outside and walk down the short road to the park you and your brothers frequently played at as kids. You sit on the swing and gently swing back and forth as the light December snow flakes fall on your face. After a few moments you hear the swing next to you make noise, and you look over to find your oldest brother, Matthew sitting next to you. "Hey sis" he says simply. "Matthew" you say forcing a fake smile. "You should've said yes" he says. "I know." you say, "I know I should have. I love him. I'd love to marry him. I just don't know why I said no." Matthew stands up, takes a step towards you, and sighs. "Emma I love you. and I want what's best for you. And I think what's best for you is being with Josh." "Do you really think I should be with him? I mean how do I just go back and be like 'Josh I changed my mind lets get married.' after I said no and broke his pride like that, Or how could I say 'I don't wanna marry you, but I just wanna be with you like we are now' " you say. "Well you could just ask me." you flip your head around and see Josh standing there a few feet from the park. You slowly walk towards him, and you open your mouth to speak, nothing coming out at first. You watch Matthew walk away and when you and Josh are alone, you open your mouth and say "Josh, I know I said I wasn't ready. But that doesn't mean I don't love you and I don't wanna be with you." you say tears filling your eyes yet again. "I know bebay." he says with a slight smile, "It's okay. I promise." You wrap your arms around him and bury your face into his warm and solid chest. He hugs you tightly and then you grab his hand and you walk back to the park where Josh sits on the swing and you sit on his lap, wrapping your blanket around both of your shoulders. "So.. we're good?" you ask. "We're golden Emma. I know we're young, I know we love each other, and I know one day we will get married. We're not ready now, but we're still in love. You saying no made me realize that I'm happy being with you, weather it's as my wife or as my girl friend. As long as I'm with you it'll all be okay. We're together, and that's all that matters." You stand up, and take Josh's hand. He follows you in silence, and when you get back to your house you bring him right to the music room and start playing. You play the song Unconditional. The song you wrote about loving Josh unconditionally through the thick and the thin. That no matter what happens, you will always love him. As you sing the song, and look over at Josh who watches you with a smile on his face, you know he will always love you too. You will always love each other, and you no longer have fears of the future because you know the next time Josh asks you to marry him, you WILL say yes.  

-----

You and Josh walk from the music room, into your bedroom. You slip into a big tshirt of Josh's and wear only that and your panties. Josh takes off his sweatshirt and changes from sweatpants to basketball shorts and you both crawl into bed. You only have a full size bed, but you're glad. You only have one guest bedroom, with one twin bed which is occupied by Connor, so Josh gets to stay with you in your room despite having to share a small bed. Your parents felt bad, but you and Josh didn't mind at all, especially since it's the perfect excuse to snuggle up really close. The next day you and Josh wake up late, and snuggle in bed for about and hour. Although you didn't accept his marriage proposal, your relationship is just as perfect. You're content just being together, looking into each others eyes, snuggling, softly kissing each others lips. You both slowly emerge from bed and change into less revealing clothes and walk out to the kitchen. Your parents had to go back to work today, so they're both gone and Connor, Ed, and Matthew are sitting in the living room gaming. You and Josh sit at the table and you read your book while Josh reads through a few scripts his agent sent with him that she thought he might like. Lunch time approaches and Matthew comes into the kitchen, "What do you guys want for lunch?" he asks. "I actually was thinking I'd take Josh and Connor out to Mr. Smits, do you and Ed wanna come?" you ask. Mr. Smits is a small restaurant in town, and it's your favorite place to eat in town, and it has the best french fries in the whole world. All of a sudden Ed comes running into the kitchen and says "Did I hear my name in the same sentence as Mr. Smits?" "Yes, you wanna come? I'm taking Josh and Connor." you say. "Hell yes. Any excuse to go to Mr. Smits and I'm there." Ed says. "I guess I'm coming too then" Matthew says smiling. You all get into Matthew's car and ride the short drive into Mr. Smits. Matthew orders a hamburger and fries, Ed orders his favorite meal there, a large order of fries and an order of bacon, You order a chicken strip basket with fries, Connor gets a blt and fries, and Josh gets a bacon cheeseburger and fries. When you finish eating you go back to the house. That night you don't do much, but you and Josh take a walk and you show him all the things you used to do as a kid. You spend the next few days all hanging out, and then New Years Eve morning comes, and you all get up and ready to go to London to party with the boys.