Calm

Its been three days since I was saved, I couldn't feel anymore alive. Kai has kept his distance, he hasnt been around the house lately and I feel very empty without him around. He brought back Elena, shes been helping me lately.

"Hey there is a party at that huge lake we went to last year. You want to go?" Elena stops at my doorway.

"I guess so." I shrug.

"Is it Kai again?" She leans on my doorway.

I nod. She comes inside and sits next to me.

"He doesnt want to start any problems, plus hes still adjusting to life. Give him time, he'll come back."

"youre awfully sympathetic to the guy that put you under that sleeping spell." I joke.

"Being under that sleeping spell taught me that you have to forgive to forget and to put it behind me. Thats another advice talk when we get there Ellie. Now pick out a swimsuit cause a little birdy told me that Kai was invited." She whispers that last part. It only made my day alittle better.
I get out of bed and find my bikinis that were in storage since last summer.

Time really passed me by, it sucks that I have to do online school after the whole possession thing, but it will help me catch up on my school work and less distractions.

I wasn't feeling anything special so I went with an all black swimsuit, A high neck mesh topper and high waisted bottoms.
It wasn't very like out here yet moderately modest. I put on some shorts and a flow-y white crop top with some black converse. I tamed my hair from fly sways and my hair was still short and in no need for a trim so I was ready to go.
"Good morning." I hug Stefan, it's been our thing lately, it helped us reconnect.
"Good morning Ellie. You want some bacon?" He asks.

"Is that even a question?" I sit down and await the bacon.

He laughs and hands them over, watching me literally licking my plate moments after.
After coming back, I've had this urge to eat, I'm always binge eating. Then again I don't remember that demon stopping at any McDonald's ever.
I've gotten to notice that I always have a pair of eyes watching me, everyone taking turns on watching over me. They don't know what kind of side effects that exorcism could take a toll on me, which scares the hell outta me. I understand why they do it so it's mutual.

"You ready to go Ellie?" Elena grabs her bag, I imagine her when she decides to have kids, what a great mother she'd be.
"Yeah." I unplug my phone from an outlet and stuff it in my back pocket, following Elena to the car.

I get in the car and buckle in. Elena does aswell and we drive off it the lake.

"Nervous?" She glanced st me.

"A little, I don't want it to be awkward, Kai will be there but what about everyone else. I nearly killed or terrorized everyone that's gonna be at that party.-" Elena interrupts.

"Ellie, that wasn't you and you know that. When I turned off my humanity I did horrible things and I did my best to make amends, what I want you to keep in mind is that you had no control. No one will hold that against you." She holds my hand.
I smile widely. It can't be so bad.

---------------------------------
The lake looks beautiful once we stop and get out.
Elena and I go up to where everyone is located. The music was blasting where we were, my eyes searching for Kai amongst the numerous people.

"You must be Ellie." This random man meets me.

"Yeah hi." I say and turn to see who it is.
"I'm one of Matt's friend. Nathan." He extends his hand.
I gladly shake it.

"You already know who I am so I don't think I need to introduce myself." I let go.

He laughs.
"Yeah no, but id gladly like to get to know you." He begins to flirt.