What now?

It's been three weeks since the whole scenario with Kai.

Jo has about two days till she has to merge with Kai. She's been getting better at her magic. I've been practicing my power too, I can move my textbooks around and some other things. But it's tiring after a while.

I've been getting better, but I notice I'm always in my room. Stefan comes by every now and then, Damon too but only to make fun of me. That is his only way to show affection.

Today is different though, I'm going to get up and pretend like I'm okay.

Besides it is Bonnie's birthday, we have to celebrate.

Caroline's mom is at her home resting, I widener how it must feel, stage four cancer. The answer must be awful.

I take the warm sheets off me and dress up. A oversized shirt and denim jeans, I grab black converse and put them on my way downstairs.

Everyone is setting up for Bonnie's birthday party.

Elena is all tangled up with helium balloons and Caroline is calling her mom.

"I'm not checking up on you, I was curious if your recipe asks for three eggs or four." Caroline looks at her finished cake.

"Okay bye call you later." Caroline hangs up.

"Ellie, you mind grabbing me that duct-tape over there." Elena asks. Her hands are pretty full.

I use my ability to make the duct-tape travel over to my hand.

"Here."I mention and I hand the tape over.

"I wish I could do that, it would make life so much easier." Caroline adds in.

I smile to myself and go to the kitchen.

It's snowing outside, making the house chilly. I make myself some cereal and eat it quietly.

"Hey Ellie." Stefan greets me, kissing my forehead and getting himself somethings to eat.

"Good morning." I greet back.

"More like afternoon, it's twelve." He laughs.

"Oops." I mutter, I stand up and place my plate inside the sink.

"Bonnie should be home anytime soon, when she does we're all going to hide and jump up and yell surprise." Stefan says.

"That's fun." I lightly smile and see Elena and Caroline set up everything.

"I hear her! Guys she's coming!" Caroline squeal.

We all hide behind the furniture.

The door opens and Bonnie's there.

"Where is everyone?" Bonnie says.
We all jump up and yell surprise.

"Happy birthday!" We say together in unison.

Elena and Carolime basically tackle her with a group hug. I stand there awkwardly in the sidelines.

"Ellie." Seems like Bonnie brought someone.

I look to that direction and my eyes meet up with Kai. He was the one who said my name.

I tense up, it caught me by surprise.

I snap out of it and walk out side by the back door.

It was too heartbreaking to see him. What was he doing with Bonnie? Could he like her, obviously. She's perfect, super funny and beautiful. I'm stuck looking like an ignorant,ugly,nerd.

I feel my eyes get watery, I quickly wipe the tears away.

I need to leave.
I walk down to the grass in my backyard.