~ Eleven ~

Hey everybody! Sorry for the short chapter, I promise Chapter Twelve will be longer. Thanks for reading, please remember to vote, comment, and share! <3

---

I blinked, unsure whether to laugh or cry. 

"You're insane." I said quickly, stepping away from Cayden. My hands still ached as if they were burning, I frowned, turning my head to face them. Cayden took my hands in his gently and my breathing slowly evened out, the tingles were shooting up and down my arm. 

"Sky, just let me explain. Alright love?" He slowly let go of my hands before placing one of his on the small of my back, tracing light circles. My erratic heart beat slowed down. "A-Alright." I said hesitantly, my head facing the ground and a frown plastered on my face.

Cayden gently nudged me towards the edge of the bed and I stumbled slightly feeling tired, as if my anger had drained me entirely. I felt him sit down, before he gently pull me into his side, so I was sitting on his lap. 

He took a deep breath before squeezing my hand and saying: "You're not human, Sky."

That was all it took for my energy and anger to be refueled as I escaped from his grasp quickly. "You're not human, my ass." I snapped viciously, my breathing quickening, my senses dulling. I was mad. 

"I'm a human. Born and raised. For Christ's sake if I wasn't human I'd already be in a science lab having experiments  run on me." Cayden growled at my statement, but I continued, unfazed by the menacing growl, "And you're a human too, you just need some help. The whole lot of you need some help! And to think I thought Celia was getting better. She just got more people sucked into her schizophrenia!" I was shaking angrily my eyelid twitching and my blood burning hot. I felt hot and cold at the same time, every part of me was quivering. 

"You're not human Sky! You're not! Neither am I, or Celia or anyone in this house for that matter! Why do you think I attacked you when you took your sunglasses off?! You're eyes frequently change between blood red and a turquoise blue! You're hair has silver streaks running through it! That's something to be alarmed about don't you think?" Cayden growled and I heard a loud crash, telling me he had thrown something. 

"So tell me then," I seethed lowly, "what am I?" 

An angered growl ripped through the air before I felt Cayden rush towards me, his hot breath fanning against my face, "Your father was a werewolf. Part of the Old Supernatural Order, he worked with my father. They were close friends. Almost brothers. Your mother was a Nalpure, a very rare kind of fairy unknown to humans and a lot of the supernatural world. She was believed to be the last one...until you came along. The day your parents died Sky," Caydens voice softened, "It wasn't an accident."

I couldn't process everything that he had told me, the truth behind his words, I knew he wasn't lying. His voice held to much truth to be lying. 

I'm not human?

My parents death wasn't an accident?

I couldn't breathe, my throat was closing in on itself, my heart decided it didn't want to beat. I let out a heart wrenching scream, hearing a loud crash and shatter noise, there was shouting but I wasn't listening, my ears wouldn't process it. I screamed louder as a burning and freezing sensation swooped over me, then I saw a flash of white blinding light before I stumbled forward succumbing to the pitch black darkness.

---

There was a tug on my heart, as if begging me to wake up. 

Was I dead?

My lungs weren't moving and I couldn't feel my heart beating in my chest. Was this what death felt like? Cold and hot and empty? Hot and painful? Pitch black peace? It felt calm, almost peaceful, but like I was missing something. Perhaps someone? 

My lungs started moving slowly, an electric current shooting through my abdomen. 

I felt a push on my ribcage and insane pain. My eyelids fluttered open quickly as pain washed over me.

I gasped sitting up quickly, coughing. 

"Sky!" Someone called out with a sob, I turned my head towards them as I felt myself be tugged into their chest, their heavy breathing tickling the top of my head. I coughed harder, every intake of breath causing more searing pain. Tingles shot up my arms from where the person was holding me and I knew immediately who it was. 

 "I-I think I broke your ribs." Cayden cried, gripping me tightly. I let out a choked gasp for air, finding it difficult to breathe. "C-Cayden.." I mumbled breathlessly, "you're ch-choking me.."

His arms loosened slightly from around my neck and waist as he cradled me closely. "Y-You..you screamed and the window shattered and then you started saying random words in latin before you....um passed out." He let out a strangled sob as he continued holding me. 

Footsteps stomped towards where we were laying, "Is the Luna alright?" It asked in a deep low voice. Cayden stiffened under me, his shaking immediately stopping. "Her ribs are broken, I believe I shall take her to the doctor, thank you Niall." Niall. That's why that voice sounded so familiar. 

I laid against Caydens chest, my eyebrows strewn together and my eyelids closed tightly, trying to keep a whimper from pain inside me. I was pissed with Cayden, but the tingles on my skin from where he touched me, and the scent of him calmed me down and alleviated some of the pain. 

Trying not to jostle me, Cayden carried me out of the room, several footsteps following behind us. "Cayden?" I asked softly, he grunted in reply, "What did Niall mean when he called me Luna?" I turned my head slightly, unable to resist myself as I nuzzled my head further into his chest. Before he could answer, he stepped into a room that was bright, I could tell because when I opened my eyes, I could see the faint outline of a large, clean cut object, probably a counter or cabinet of some sort. 

I was laid on top of something soft, and I automatically missed the warmth that Cayden possessed. "Monella, her ribs are broken. Her powers started showing up and she panicked. She was unresponsive with no pulse for five minutes." He said to the other person in the room, who I assume was Monella. 

"Hm," a woman's voice replied before I felt a warm hand on my forehead, "No fever. That's good news. She looks pretty out of it," a light was shone in my eyes and I hissed closing them. "Sorry Luna," Monella apologized. 

"For Christ's sake!" I groaned when my outburst caused my head to hurt, "what the hell is a 'Luna'?" There was no response, only the humming of machines and the soft breaths of Cayden and Monella. 

I sighed, wincing at the pain it caused my lungs, before turning my head to rest against a pillow. "You are my Luna." Was all Caden said, before the creak of a chair told me that he had sat down. "You may go to sleep Luna, I believe it would make this easier." I heard Monella say softly, I nodded slowly, sleep had already grasped my mind when I heard a shout, 

"Alpha! There has been an attack on the northern part of the territory. They're getting near and...and they want her.