~ Four ~

Chapter Four:

Eyes. 

Yellow eyes stared at me in the dark. 

I could see them. Literally see them. 

They watched me like a cat watches a mouse, ready to pounce at any moment, ready to kill. 

I looked around me, I was in a room of white, a small chair in the corner, a dresser at the end, and I stood staring at it all. 

The eyes blinked. 

I let out a shriek of terror and backed away.

A smirk appeared on the floating eyes and I screamed looking for an exit. 

I was trapped. Helpless. 

The eyes advanced me, the smirk on its face growing, before it became a body. A faceless body. It grabbed my shoulders and shook them so hard I was thrown into a memory. 

The crash. 

My mother and I had been singing a song by Justin Timberlake while laughing, and my father had been giving her directions on where to turn. We had been going to the grocery store to buy me an icecream that I had demanded we get. 

My Parents agreed, and so we were making our way down Muerte Avenue singing to the radio and laughing. 

There was a flash of lightning outside, and then thunder followed in its quake.

"Mommy...?" I asked softly, looking at her. Her beautiful face was twisted with worry as she looked at my father and then to me. She pressed her hand agains my knee gently, giving me a warm smile. "It's okay sweetie, the storm won't hurt us." Her voice was soft, so sweet and caring. I never wanted to forget it. 

"It's just god farting, Little Sky. Everything will be alright." My daddy chuckled his dark brown hair rippling back from the air conditioning. I giggled and nodded hugging my stuffed animal, Mr moose. "I love you," my mother smiled at me, a glint of happiness in her eyes. I smiled back, giving her an almost toothless grin. "I love you too mommy, and daddy." 

Another flash of lighting, it hit the car. 

My mother shrieked, surprise filling her, and my father shouted the entire car swerving of the road. I wailed screaming and crying as we swirled around. More lighting began flashing, the car like a magnet, as my daddy tried to spin it to safety. I hugged Mr. Moose for dear life. 

As the car was spinning, in all the confusion, someone was standing in the road. Dressed in black. They stared at me with yellow eyes, a smile growing on their face, the other features to distant to see. 

I cried out as my father shouted. 

There was a loud boom, before everything went silent. I hit my head hard against the seat in front of me and time stopped, the last sight, my mothers pale face blood dripping from her mouth. 

---

I screamed, sitting up in bed and panting, soaking with sweat. My heart drummed against my chest, my parents dead faces engraved in my mind forever. "Daddy..." I whimpered wiping my cheeks with the back of my hand. 

"Bon dieu, child! What is wrong!" I heard Mathilde say. I knew the lights were flickered on by the distant click, and Mathilde rushed in, moving towards my bed. 

I hated, no, I loathed, when people saw me after a nightmare. My hair was matted from the feel of it, my cheeks soaked with tears, my breaths ragged, and my forehead sweaty.