~ Three ~

Chapter Three:

By nine-thirty, Celia had shown me every place here in our small town. Ranging from her work to her favorite cafe, her favorite park, the lake, everywhere. She knew I couldn't see the places she took me to, but the way she described them allowed me to envision the beautiful park, the benches, the dark blue lake, everything. 

I tasted donuts for the first time in years and we went shopping for cute outfits, which I couldn't pick, but Celia didn't mind and bought a bunch for me, which I feel guilty for. We laughed, more like I laughed... At how boy crazy she was being. 

"Oh my god!" Celia squealed, touching my hand. "There is a cute guy over there and he winked and me!" She did a little dance and it felt as if she were jumping up and down. "Which direction?" I questioned, facing her. I sprawled my fingers out against the table, and she trailed her finger down my right pinky, indicating he was that way.

I looked his way and scowled at him. I heard a snicker before I pulled down my glasses a little bit so the boy could see my eyes. Most people thought they were pretty, because of the assortment of colors apparently, but some people thought that they were creepy, 

Eyes of the devil. Maria, a maid, had called them before she quit her job refusing to work for the house.

There was a gasp and rustling before I heard the doors to the cafe we were in slam closed. Celia sighed, "he was cuuuute!" I scoffed rolling my eyes. "The man that you fall in love with won't wink at you from across the place. He will walk up to you and tell you your beautiful." I pushed my glasses up to conceal my eyes again.

"You're no fun." She pouted. I heard the clonk of her elbow hitting the table. She was probably resting her chin in her hand sulking. "But you know what is fun?" A mischievous purple floated around her. 

"Hm?" I questioned moving my face so it was directed at her. "A night club!" She squealed, grabbed my arm, and all at once rushed me out of the shop making sure not to allow me to get hit by anything. 

She dragged me into her impala, buckled me in, and climbed in on the other side. "We have to be back by midnight remember?" I reminded Celia as she started the engine and began speeding down what I assume was a highway. 

"Yeah, yeah, but we've got two hours to kill, I promise I won't leave your side. I can't risk you getting lost." The smile to her voice told me she was excited. I sighed and nodded. 

In all honesty the night club scares me. 

Since I'm blind, all of my trust is put into another's hands. Of course I can do simple things. But I can't drive, pick clothes out, buckle my self in without struggling a lot, or walk somewhere in a dark room without bumping into something. 

Sure, I've mastered not bumping into things, and I'm skilled at self defense (it was what the House called 'extracurricular'), but I can't go places fast enough without assistance. My entire life is basically put into the hands of another. 

So being in a dark closed off humid space, with dancing sweating bodies, plus alcohol, does not sound like a fun place,to me. It sounds like hell.  

When we arrive, Celia drags me inside. 

Music pounded against the walls, floor and ceiling, vibrating like an incoming call. The intoxicating smell of alcohol mixed with sweat blinded my nose. This was the worst place for a blind person to be. Not only does it make it harder for me to move around but there is also the fact that since my other senses have heightened, I can barely breathe,and I can't hear anything at all. 

I feel Celia drag my arm and she gently pushes my shoulders so that I'm in a sitting position. "We are at the bar!" She shouts over the extremely loud music. I nod to show that I heard her. "I'm going to dance for awhile!" There goes my shot at a navigator. "Alright!" I shouted.