Chapter Ten

Xian's POV

I'm not used to go in a party during Halloween,instead you can see me in my mom's graveyard sitting beside Miles and Dad with our hands clasped together to ourselves staring down at our beloved woman of all.

"How do we get it now?"

I turn my head on Miles,she's about to cry but I stopped it by giving her tissue which is always I bring whenever we visit our mom's tomb.

"Get what?"

My dad asked from behind. Dad came home last night with bunch of things he got from France. But it seems like nothing when we smother him,hugging him as if time will stop for a moment for us to fulfill the times we should have gone together. Miles became quiet while declining her tears to fall.

"Miles,are you ok?"

Miles gazed at me,lips trembling.

"I just want to experience of having a mother,I got jealous with my classmates together with their mums."

Teardrops grazed her cheeks and she starts getting blushed.

"You have us,don't you?"

I'm thinking this over myself for years. We hugged,then Dad joined us. Seconds passed,Miles pulled out and wiped the strains of tears out of her cheek.

"Anyway,Jessica would come over."

I blushed at the fact of her coming along although I freaked out when she invited me into their so-called best friend hangout. Who's that again,Jim,Jems?

"She said she will tag James along."

Instantly my face fell at the mention him,my once flushed cheek turned into grim.

"Who are them?"

I cast my gaze at Dad.

"Jessica's my friend,as well as Miles. I actually don't know yet her childhood friend. It will be my first time to see him so do Miles."

Dad smiled.

"Then,we should go home and prepare dinner for them. I'm in charge in food and you two are in charge in house decorations."

Miles jumped enthusiastically.

"It will be fun! We still have seven hours before they come,let's go!"

I didn't like the idea of me doing the decorations,I'm a horrible designer for I know.

"Dad,can I help you cook food instead?"

"Sure,if that's ok with Miles."

"No problemo,last time I decorated with Broxi it all ended up with ugly outcome. Maybe working all by myself is a win-win situation."

I let out a sigh of relief. Last time was the worst. Maybe,I'm really bad at art.

--

It's already six o'clock and it is an hour to go before commotion begin. I'm done with eggs,lots of eggs. Dad cooks a variety of food,while me are just eggs... All sorts of eggs.

"You're still the same."

Maybe Dad,on his part,was thinking.

"Nothing changed a lot so far."

I'm still mom's baby boy.

It was then the doorbell rang. I hurried to the door only to open it for Ms. Newmate and her so-called best friend. She on her black shirt,clings into his black-sleeve arm. I raised my eyebrows,looking at them from head to toe.

"Friendship goals?"

Ms. Newmate chuckled,making Jim smile a little.

"It's in our tradition during Halloween ever since we've grown up."

She said as Jim extended his hand for me to shake.

"I'm James,it's nice to meet you."

I just looked at his offered hand then laughed and turned around to gesture them to come inside.

"I'm Xian,nice meeting you too."

Miles gingerly ran to hug Ms. Newmate and greeted Jim. They talk about Jim,either their friendship. How they got to know each other,why he left,when he comes to visit his family.

"No,it's not only the reason."

Jim said as we make our way to sit in for dinner and he casually assists Ms. Newmate down to her seat.

"During holidays,I try my best to visit my childhood best friend. I miss her so much every time we're apart,so I do everything just to make sure we'll get together."

They fist bumped and... say they lingo?

"Hakuna matata."

They both said as Miles' eyes widened.

"You watched Lion King?!"

"Yes,back in our childhood whenever we get tired,we watch Disney movies in our couch."

Ms. Newmate smiled at mesmerizing their memories. Their memories. Meanwhile,Dad came with plates of foods atop his hand.

"May I help you,sir?"

Jim said as he stand to assist dad.

"No need,I can handle-"

"Can you get the eggs in the countertop on the kitchen I made?"

All heads turn to me and I don't know where to look first,I just glared at Jim. He want to help,right? Well,I think... He,as a servant for tonight,might help a lot.

"Ok,I'm on my way."

Walking into the kitchen,Jim didn't seem to bother my abrupt command. Dad go far away and waved me to come by.

"Xian,what are you doing?"

"Um,allowing him to help?"

"That's rude of you. Don't you hear what I said? I said I can handle. Visitors shouldn't be commanded and you clearly able to get what you want by yourself."

That's what I'm doing.

"Um... it's complicated."

"Complica-what?"

"I-I mean,Jim really want to help so... I'm trying to be cooperative?"

Much to my horror,Dad unexpectedly smirked and his eyes are glimmering mischievously.

"I see. I've never seen you before being attracted."

"What do you mean,dad?"

"Jessica,right? I thi-"

"Dad?!"

"Right,I'm your dad. I know you."

He give me a sly grin then winked. We returned in the dinner,knowing that all were settled and we're the ones they are waiting for. I knew for a fact,that everyone is ready to eat the meals me and with someone who I adore the most cooked. It was then we started to eat,savoring every delightful treat of a Halloween. Ms. Newmate grabbed the eggs and her eyes are exactly wide open as her mouth slowly agape at the sight of reversed internals of it.

"What's this?"

I chuckled at her innocence.

"I'll tell you."

Analogy Between Themजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें