t-hirteen

one step, two steps, three steps, four- my eyes looked up at him, his face lit up with excitement, and he swiftly pulled me towards him and wrapped his arms that i had missed so much around me. i tightly embraced him completely forgetting about everything that i had been stressing about. 

tears flowed from my eyes uncontrollably as we pulled away from eachother

"where- where have you been?" i asked.

"australia, you already knew that-"

"to study?" i questioned.

he took a few deep breaths and then hugged me once more.

"your voice is so beautiful."

my heart stopped. i stood shocked, hapiness slowly rising inside of me. 

"TAEHYUNG!" i gripped him even harder and jumped up and down. 

"TAEHYUNG YAH WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME!" 

"i wanted to surprise you! the operation wasn't an ordinary one, it was done by a specialist in New South Wales, and it took 4 months in rehab to be able to learn how to adapt. my body rejected the aids at first and i became pretty depressed mentally. i had another operation, and it was successful and was released around a month ago. i finally got into contact again and saw all of your messages. im so, so sorry. i would've told you if i knew it was going to hurt you this bad.."

"hmmphh." i pouted, pretending to be upset and walked away with my arms crossed. 

"yahhh, come backkk!" he followed along after me and i took his wrist and dragged him to my favourite restautant. we sat down and ordered our food. i instinctively cupped my hands around his ears, watching his eyes follow my hands in sudden confusion. i took my hands away and then cupped them again around his ears. 

"what are you doing?" 

"experimenting." he sat with me fiddling with his ears, whispering and shouting, and then scolding me for being so loud with his aids on full volume.

"so you graduated?" he asked while taking a sip of his soup.

"yep, and guess who missed my graduation ceremony." he pouted.

"im joking, im joking!" i continued to update him on everything, how life had been, how my mum had gotten arrested by the police for abuse, illegal gambling, and assult to a police officer. it felt like the first time we had met. 

i brought him back to my apartment and made him wait outside so i could get rid of all the embarrassing stuff, which did take a while. after he came in, i told him to get his phone and go to the other room. i called him and he picked up.

"hello?" i said, with my heart beating even faster.

"hello~" his deep voice echoed through my ears, and i felt blood rising to my cheeks.

"so how is our first phone call?" i asked.

"awkward." 

"hey!" i shouted.

"TOO LOUD, MY EARS, GOT TO BE FURTHER AWAY, OUCH." i laughed so hard until i felt warm hands making their way around my waist, and i heard the phone beeping from the ended call. we stayed like that, watching the night come from the large window. our faces were near, and his body warmed me up. 

"you really are beautiful." i turned around and buried my face in his chest, smiling widely thinking about how lucky i was. he softly kissed my forehead and pat my hair. im never going to let go again.

"i love you _." 

"me too."

HE CAN HEAR WHET

IM SO SO THANKFUL FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT, AND READS, YOU GUYS INSPIRE ME

so this is the last official chapter! but dont worry, i will be writing a special chapter for yall, kei?

also, if you didn't notice i managed to write this entire book without mentioning her name, and i felt weird sticking a random name in, so thats for you to come up with and maybe even suggest some names down below (preferably korean) and ill mention it in the special chapter! again, thank you for 3k reads. i never could imagine, my book that started off with 2 reads would go this far. 

God bless you guysss <3