f-our

after he told me he was going to australia, everything changed. i hung out with him after school and he would join my friends and i at lunch. my friends were uneasy at first with having to hang out with a deaf person, but after they met him they opened up. other than having to talk a bit slower, i had totally forgotten the fact that he was deaf. i saw him smiling more, and that made me happy- but i had spoke to soon.

there was a week left, exactly one week. we planned to hang out at the mall today.

"taehyu-" i stopped calling his name and then walked up behind him sneakily. i don't know why i was tiptoeing because there was no point. i tapper him on the shoulder and then ran around him so when he faced me i surprised him by hugging him. 

he didn't say anything so i pulled back and then cupped his warm cheeks in my hands. 

"th-there are people people looking?" he said worried. 

"its ok~" i gave him a reassuring smile, but his weary expression told me he still wasn't okay.

"what wrong?" i asked him concerned.

he mouthed an okay, which was unusual for him.

i let go of his cheeks and pulled his wrist. i headed for the best place to go when you were upset, the ice cream shop. 

"ill get one scoop of salted caramel in a cone, and one cookies and cream in a cup please."

"that will be $5.80 please." i gave the cashier the money and waited for the ice cream. i got the ice cream and headed to the table where taehyung was sitting at. i sat down and signed him 'ice cream is good when youre sad.' i earned a smile from his lips and ate my ice cream. we chatted a bit, but something seemed to be on his mind and i couldn't figure out what it was, he wouldn't tell me. 

"hey you've been really out of it today are you okay?"

"yeah im fin-" his voice would occasionally die out and he would end up mouthing words that i couldn't understand. i know that deaf people can't hear themselves, but he never did that before and it was scaring me.

"these kids at schoo-" his speech turned into mumbling and mouthing and i started to panic. i held his chin and made him look at me directly instead of the floor.

"taehyung. youre voice is going quiet, i can't really hear you. what were you saying?"

"it- its nothing." 

this made me uneasy, so we finished our ice cream and i took him home to the park instead. 

i had a feeling people were bullying him, after i saw some boys giving us dirties at school, but i brushed off the thought when i saw him conversing with his classmates. his unfinished sentence at the ice cream shop got me worried again 'these kids at school.' his deep and slightly monotone voice echoed through my mind as i watched his hair blow through the wind as he swung on the swings. he looked into the distance.  a lot was on his mind, and i was unsure of how to help him. 

while we were walking back home, i stopped walking and pulled him to the side and made sure he was listening to me. 

"taehyung, you know that i care for you very much right?

and you know that you shouldn't care what anyone else says right?

you are the most beautiful person i have met in a very long time.

you are perfect as you are, and being deaf doesn't change that."

"but it does." his voice became coarse and tears started to fall from his cheeks and i embraced his into a hug. he cried on my shoulder and i teared up on his. i rubbed his back, and let the cold air his my hands as we stayed there like that for a while.

i whispered to myself while huging him tight. no actually, i said out loud and told his heart, "tae if only you could hear me right now, you would know how much i love you."

+a/n+

aww tae :(

i also realised i dont think i gave the girl a

name, so you can make up a name in your head 

lol because i dont know what to name her.