t-en

one day until departure

the feeling of relief filled my body as my mum hadn't noticed that I had taken my phone back. after her bag hangover state yesterday, I doubt she was even in the right state of mind. her old habits had caught up with her.

i finished texting my close friends that I wouldn't be at school today, although the only person I told what actually happened with eunji.

today. what a shit day it was. heavy rain and overcast. getting out of the house and coming back completely dry was going to be hard, especially with mum lazing in the kitchen. this time, she wasn't drunk. today. the last fully day with taehyung had begun, and I had spent it on my phone texting him.

repeated "I will miss you" and "I love you" messages bounced back between us every few minutes, although the only way we would both be satisfied would be if we said it in person. i saw him only yesterday, but the open hole on my heart began to ache without him. the next three years without him was going to be rough, very rough.

I peeked outside of my room to see my mum still there, eyes glued to the screen, and then I turned to face the doorway, directly in her line of sight. no way I could get out without her noticing. and my window? smaller than a picture frame, there was no way I would fit. even if I did, there is a flysscreen- maybe I can just break the window frame and cut the fly screen? no if she found that she would kill me.

already fully dressed, and prepared with a small sling bag of $27 I found in my old backpack, my phone, spare keys and Polaroid camera, and I opened the door timidly not taking my mum out of sight. her head was rested on her hand supporting her head, eyelids beginning to give up and close. perfect.

now with the door open just enough for me to slide out, and my mum half asleep. i started the short journey to the door, with my back against my mum.

i tiptoed with utmost care, and looked back at my mum before turning the door knob. I turned the knob, and a loud squeak was let loose. my mums eyes shot right open and she jolted out of the sofa. i froze in shock and then swung the door with full force and ran straight out, my mums screaming resounding in my ear as a string of curses came out. she ran after down the road, but after at least 100 meters, she stopped, cursed once more and then disappeared. probably the last time I would see her.

i got my phone out of my bag and texted him to meet me infront of school, he too had taken he day off. we met at the cafe we met at before he told me he was leaving. he ordered me a hot chocolate, and himself a chai latte. we settled in the chairs facing each other, and the aura was depressing enough for everyone to feel it. i looked up at his solemn face, and his lips that were pursed as if he was holding himself from saying a million things.

I opened mine instead. "im so sorry."

his lips relaxed and looked at me, his eyes wide and confused.

"you haven't done anything wrong? what do you mean? I'm the one that should be sorry. I shouldn't have gotten close to you in the first place-" his breathing became hitched, the million things he was trying to hold back suddenly came all at once. "nobody's ever cared for me, or looked at me like you do to me. my parents hate me, their only child who doesn't want to inherit what they have. I don't have any family members beside them. I didn't have friends, or real ones, until you became friends with me."

a pure tear fell from his eyes. "I'm sorry I can't hear your voice, I'm sorry i can't comfort you like you comfort me- I'm sorry I don't understand you sometimes, I'm so sorry that half of the time, I don't know what you're saying-"

"taehyung," I lifted his chin so he knew what I was saying. "you might not realise it, but you comfort me more than any one else could. sometimes silence is all I need. I don't need you to hear me, I just need to hear you taehyung."

a smile escaped his mouth while tears continued to flow from both of our eyes. and the smoke became laughter and we both sat there enjoying our final hours together.

we headed outside to the park, and I took my Polaroid out and took a photo of us together. he then took my camera and took a photo of me. and I then took a photo of him. a photo to remember each other by.

I told him my mum saw me get out of he house and that I didn't think I was going to go home. and he grabbed something from his pocket. a key chain with two keys on it.
"I know I denied it yesterday, but my parents are rich? I guess."
"I think I figured out taehyung, you should've told me sooner! what is that for?" I pointed to the keys he had.
"my parents own an apartment complex about 15 minutes from here, and I asked them to give me one unit. these are for you." he grabbed my hand and put the keys in it.
"taehyung, no I can't, I don't have any money to pay the rent-" I extended my arm to give it back.
"it's already paid! it's my unit! it's okay, trust me." he pushed my arm back.
"my parents are already aware. you can move in whenever you want."
I looked at taehyung with gratitude and then pulled him into a tight hug.
"I'll be waiting. four years okay? I'll give your four years, and if your not here by then I'm going move on." his face turned pale,
"what?-"
"I'm joking, I'm joking." I assured giggling. "just come back okay? without anyone. you have to wait for me too."

"promise." he assured.
we locked our pinkies and by then, the sun had begun to set.
"I guess you won't be going home tonight?"
"yeah I don't think I can." I replied.
"come on, let's go to to your new home."
still stunned, I followed him anyway.

I grabbed the keys that he gave me earlier form my pocket and opened the door of unto 1004. I was greeted by a small two roomed apartment (*COUGH LOW KEY PROMOTING MY OTHER FANFIC APARTMENT WHICH YOU SHOULD READ*).

it had a small kitchen, a tv and little lounge, and in the other room was a bathroom and double bed. beige and pink decor was spread through the entire place.
"do you like it? I got it furnished after I left your house the other day, I figured you would need it." while I was looking at the bookshelf and study desk, I saw a little chest on the top shelf. I looked back at taehyung to ask what it was. "that's what your other key is for. but don't open it until I'm gone okay?" I nodded and then walked to him to give him another hug.

"thankyou so much tae. honestly, I don't deserve you. you have to come back quickly okay?"
"hmm." he replied.

and after hours of talking in the mini lounge, and minutes of more snuggling, he left me with a warm kiss on my lips, and a sincere goodbye.

story is almosstttt at and end. maybe four more chapters? I can't be sure though. please vote and comment 💓