Chapter Twenty Four: Half-Brother

A/n: Forgive me for not updating for weeks! Well, here's a new chapter! I hope you enjoy it!

Third POV:

That same night, Yamato Kento decided to speak and persuade Kousei's father to make the half-brothers meet. Also, it's time for the secrets to be out, already. Just like Kaori, he agreed to help Mitsuo to meet his half-brother because it won't just be for his sake. It will also be for Kousei's sake, too. He knocked at the door of the office of Arima Takahiko in the mansion after he had guided his son in his room in the mansion to rest after school. He had left Kaori to stay beside him and with his private nurse, looking out for him. The pain in his heart had subsided after a while but he knows that he still needs a nurse's supervision.

He sighed and when Takahiko had finally opened his door to make him enter, he faced him nervously as he tell him the reason why he came to meet him, "I wonder, sir... With your son's health condition... Isn't it better for him to know the secret of your family than keep it from him?"

Arima Takahiko looked at him as he walk closer to his table. "I've been thinking the same thing but if allow them to meet, I feel like I would be breaking my promise with the Zarazakis."

"Mitsuo is still your son, sir," Kento reminded him. 

Takahiko knows it so well. Mitsuo is still his flesh and blood. He also knew that Mitsuo had been living alone and in sadness. Even though he does have a blood of a Zarazaki and an Arima, they had been refusing him to become a part of their families and so, he knew that the time to accept him will come and it is coming. He also knows that even Kousei should have been his legitimate heir to replace him in his position as the head of the Arima Clan, he knows that Kousei wouldn't be able to carry the burden of an heir. "I have to talk with the Zarazakis about it."

Yamato Kento felt relieved upon hearing him say those words. Even it seemed vague, he knows that Takahiko isn't refusing Mitsuo as his son anymore. Before he left, Takahiko spoke up, "Aren't you helping a childhood friend, Kento?"

He gulped. He wasn't a part of the family or even working with them at those times, yet. "Sir, how did you know?"

"I have my sources. You know how important my son is to me. Before I hired you as my son's bodyguard, I made a background check first. I made you his bodyguard due to your affiliation with him and also, I also learned that your father once worked as a bodyguard of my grandfather. I don't want to keep my sons in sorrow or even force them into a position in which I know they wouldn't be able to handle."

Kento felt confused and so, he returned in his old position to face Takahiko from the table where Takahiko sat once again, "Are you saying, sir... You want Mitsuo to replace you at the right time? You want to appoint him as your legitimate heir? Wouldn't that trouble you, sir? What will other people say?"

Takahiko laughed and told him, "You can make them meet already. Kousei has to know my secrets. I will visit the Zarazakis to persuade them that we have to accept him in our families. He had suffered for so long. He's innocent. He's a victim of my mistakes."