|ChApTeR EiGhT| Insanity

Start from the beginning

"Mm, I'm sure you'd get along with West instantly~" Prussia looked at his brother, furiously raising his eyebrows up and down. 

"B-Bruder!"

"West, I'm just kidding."

I giggled, glancing at Japan who deadpanned stared at us. "Prussia, you're scaring Japan stop it."

"Ah don't worry, I'm used to it."

"Ahem! I can't do it with my bare hands. Maybe if I had some kind of tools."

"A tool... Well, it's a big house. I'll take a look around." Japan nodded slowly.

"Yeah, I would be really thankful if you could find something useful." Germany said.

"Well then I'll be going ahead. I'll come back as soon as I find anything good."

"And I'm coming along, of course." I grinned and looked at Japan, wondering if he was still going to try and stop me. 

To my surprise, he actually smiled. "Of course, (Name). I appreciate the company." Before I could even savor that smile, he turned around and simply left the room. Like really? Throw down a cute smile and then just leave? Thanks. I shook my head lightly and stepped out the door, turning to wave goodbye to Germany and Prussia. 

>Parted from Germany and Prussia<

----------------------------------

Hajime to owari no iranai imi

Kono kokoro no jouhatsu eto

Dare ga hinsei wo oboeteru ka?

Kyouki no mado kara sayounara  

A shiver traveled down my spine. I could feel the sweat trickling down my face. I quickly wiped my forehead with my sleeve. I felt extremely uncomfortable, my face and hands were sweaty and warm, whereas goosebumps popped up along my arms and the hairs on the back of my neck were standing up. 

"(Name)?"

I jumped sharply, my head snapping to Japan, who was looking at me with concern. 

"Are you alright?" He paused, looking me over carefully. "I can see that you aren't. What's gotten you so worked up, (Name)?"

"I...I don't know. Sorry for being a hassle, don't worry about me." I gave him a weak smile, rubbing my cold arms, which was weird since I was wearing a hoodie. He continued to look at me with an eyebrow raised and I held up my hands. "Honestly, I really don't know, Japan! Really. Maybe I'm just catching a cold or something, I'll be fine."

Japan frowned, obviously not convinced. "Well-"

"Okay, okay. I'll just go rest on the bed. Will that satisfy you?"

Japan nodded and I walked over to the only bed in the room, sitting down on the green bed sheets. I watched as he leaned over a crate, pulling a piece of paper from it. He shrugged, kept it and continued his search. He walked over to the wall and stared at what looked like a note with a lever beside it. 

"What does it say?"

"Up is Heaven. Middle is Earth. Down is Hell." Japan read aloud. He turned out to look at me, eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "Do you know what it means?"

"No idea. Try moving the lever."

"To the top, to the middle, or to the bottom?" He asked, placing a hand on the lever.

"(Name). Tell him to the bottom."

That gentle voice again. Having no choice but to trust it, I told Japan that. When he pulled the lever downwards, it broke. "Ah, it broke."

"Yes, I see that. Look around, maybe it did something in the room." I suggested, but Japan approached me.

"Hai, I will. But are you fine now, (Name)?"

I was looking around the room from my spot on the bed. When he asked this, I nodded. "Yeah, I feel-" Then my gaze fell on him.

Konnichiwa watashi

Awanakatta darou?

Sayounara anata

Saa hanashi shiyou ka?

A voice. Distant and soft. The voice whispered into my head, almost like a soothing lullaby.

My heart came to a sudden stop, then began to beat rapidly. I didn't notice before, but Japan suddenly looked...different. A subtle change. His clothing changed from white to a jet black. His eyes shifted from a crimson red to its normal brown color.

iNSaNiTY

Fusou shisou desu

PSYCHoPaTHY

Nonki na jinsei

iNSaNiTY

Owarenai madoi

CaPTiViTY

Nigerarenai

iNSaNiTY

Fusou shisou desu

PSYCHoPaTHY

Nonki na jinsei

iNSaNiTY

Owarenai madoi

CaPTiViTY

Odaku ga tsudzuke sou  

The lyrics pounded into my eardrums, drastically changing from whispers to wild screaming and maniacal laughter bringing pain upon my head.

I stumbled backwards, away from...was that still Japan? My heel slipped...? Wait what? I had expected to fall on the floor but now my head spun and darkness clouded my vision, swirling around me and encasing me in a black abyss. Before I fell, my first instinct was to reach, reach for anything. A hand slipped into mine, gentle yet firm. The moment we touched was the miraculous moment the voices died down. 

The last thing I saw was that calm, soothing look in Japan's brown eyes that brought me tranquility within the sea of iNSaNe voices in my head that had been silenced. 

For now.