The bloody writing

A young boy at the age of 9 jolted from his sleep. He heard a scratch, shuffle, schrape, shuffle sound and immediately felt uneasy. Slowly, he turned his head and saw a tallish man in the darkness. He couldn't make out his face but he realised the sound wasn't coming from the man's mouth. He was dragging a body across the landing. The boy held back his gasp when he saw the body. His mom. She had a cross cut neatly, almost perfectly across her whole body. The boy felt hot tears in his eyes as he watched the man gruesomely hang her up using some gardening rope. He then disappeared for a bit, only to soon return with the boy's dead father in his clutch. The dad had been sliced across his neck and once more across his stomach. The boy felt sick and knew he would never forget this traumizing scene. The man also hung the dead body up then stopped. The boy froze up, daring not to move as he felt sweat form through his skin. Thinking it was over, he stilled but soon fell into a deep agonised sleep.

It was the middle of the night when he woke up once again. For now he couldn't see nor hear the murderer but he saw that the murderer had left some writing on the wall. The boy squinted to see what it was but could not make it out in the darkness. Not daring to move from his bed, he fell back into a troubled sleep.

It was almost morning, an hour and a half to go and it would be busy outside. A little bit of light shimmered through the cracked windows. Slowly, he turned his head.it was still a bit dark but he tightened his eyes then opened them again. He soon wished he hadn't. The writing was crusty but he could still make it out. The bloody walls echoed as the blood dripped in sequence onto the wooden floor. The blood stained walls read "I know you're awake." He felt a bump under his bed.