Insane

A bus was heading to the asylum with the back full of patients. The windows and entrance were all barred and caged since the passengers were all mental. Usually, there were two people at the front, the driver and a soldier but it was the last ride of the day and the soldier was sick so he had gone home early. The driver had studied judo and had had the job for a couple of years so he wasn't worried. They had only set off 20 minutes ago but as the driver was humming, he saw a lost lone 4 year old girl crying in the road. He stopped out of the kindness in his heart. helped her by calling the parents. But when he returned back to the bus, he realised that all the patients had somehow managed to escaped. There had been at least 30. He started to feel panicked. Not only at losing his job but since there were a group of insane, mentally ill people roaming out in the area. He couldn't herd them all in, he didn't have the time and it was obviously dangerous. He could've called he hospital but was too frightened of losing his job. Instead, he pretended to be a normal bus and hoarded some normal passengers. He then proceeded to take them to the mental institute. The staff didn't check properly since it was late and they needed to get home so there the people stayed.

~5 years later~
The staff at the hospital finally saw the mistake but by this time, the people had already become insane. They never managed to find the real passengers though.