I Heart The Chef

You sighed as you watch Sanji running about the ship with different variations of decoration, leaning into your palm as he came by for a quick kiss before going back to work.

You chuckled to yourself quietly, watching as the blond continued running rampant about the deck as If his life depended on it.

"Sanji its alright. You can take it easy you know that I don't like having things too extravagant.."

"Ah, but my beautiful girl deserves to be treated as a queen on this day of love. And I plan to make it so."

A smug grin was permanent on his face as he lit a new cigarette and cast the other overboard.

You sighed and looked out from the dock, glancing around at all of the couples that were walking around town hand in hand.

It made your heart warm that people could come together on a day and show their lovers, and even friends, how much they loved them.

You let out a soft sigh as the ship bobbed slightly in the shallow water, the sloshing of the water against the wood making your eyes slowly close; the feeling of an arm wrapping around your waist made them open.

You glanced back to Sanji, a small smile apparent on your features as he himself smiled back and took the cigarette from his lips to kiss your cheek.

"Having a nice day, Y/n?"

"Mm of course I am..I'm spending the day with my lovely boyfriend who had cooked me a scrumptious breakfast.."

"Ah it was nothing my lady, the finest for the best.."

You chuckled and leaned against his shoulder, closing your eyes as you embraced the warmth of your lover.

"Mm, so, what do you have in plan for me today Snooj?"

You heard him sigh, glancing up to see a frown on his lips.

Your snooj.

"You know I don't like that."

"Well its what you get for calling Zoro marimo all the time. Its cute! Snooj! Snooj! Its cute come on I don't mean any harm by it and you know that I don't! I love you Sanji look at me."

You giggled as he turned his chin up, eyes averted from your own as he stuck the tobacco between his lips once more.

You poked his cheek gently, going to brush hair from out of his face.

"Hm."

"What do you want me to say? Sorry? Is that what's going to make it all better again is sorry? Okay. Okay."

You pulled away and crossed your arms over your chest, tilting your head to the side as you let an arm drop and prop against your hip.

"I'm sorry.."

"Sorry about what.."

"I'm sorry about calling you Snooj.."

"Mm."

You smiled as wide as you could, your cheeks pushing against your eyes as his arm wrapped back around you to pull you to his side again; his one visible eye looking out to the pier as people sat.

"Good."

"Mhm."

Your head laid against his shoulder, eyes focusing back on the multiple couples of people walking to and fro.

"Y/n, do you remember how we met?"

You chuckled and glanced up at him, eyebrow raised.

"I don't know, do you?"

"Well of course I do, how wouldn't I remember meeting the girl of my dreams?"

"Mm..why don't you enlighten me on it then..?"

You closed your eyes as you snuggled into him again, his arm going to wrap around your shoulder as you felt him lean against you.

"Ah, well..you were wearing that beautiful white gown, your face glowing with a certain happiness from the night. I was standing at the back leaned against the wall as you stood by yourself over by the food table picking on things. I decided to ask you for a dance, and instead of being smooth like I usually am, I accidentally scared you into pouring the wine in your glass all over you..."

"Mhm, and then you wrapped your coat jacket around me and I made you pay for dry cleaning; which was technically our first date."

He chuckled, leaning down to press a soft kiss to your cheek as he nuzzled against your neck.

"It was wasn't it? We stood out waiting for half an hour before they called the number, and they got it mixed up so we were there for about an hour before they could give it to you. Then afterwards I invited you over to my house so I could apologize...the rest is a blur but soon enough I woke up to that beautiful face of yours.."

You felt a blush rise on your cheeks as he rubbed your side, turning your head to press your forehead to his before pecking his lips.

"Mhm.."

You listened to the sound of the waves as he held you, eyes closed as the soothing sounds around you relaxed every muscle in your body.

"What's say we go celebrate now eh? I didn't do all of this work for nothing.."