Rocinante

He was clumsy. Adorably clumsy. As he was being right now. Sure some times he'd set himself on fire, it always baffled you how flammable the man was.

As of right now he was trying to cook you breakfast. Trying.

You knew letting Roci near the kitchen was a bad idea, but you couldn't help it. You'd woken up that day beat up from the last and he said that you needed to take a break.

And you knew you did. You just didn't act on it.

So here he was, making you pancakes. Or was rather trying to make sure the kitchen wasn't engulfed in flames again. He remembered the last time that happened.

He wasn't allowed in the kitchen for the next three months and you had to get what he wanted. Need it be drink or snack. You wouldn't hesitate to do it again if you had too.

"Roci honey you can sit down, I can have some cereal."

You tried to persuade the tall bird, but he wouldn't have it. He just shook his head and swatted the spatula at you as he tried to pry it off of the pan.
You rolled your eyes with a slight smile, sighing.

"Rocinante Donquixote, I told you that I could cook breakfast today-"

You were cut short as a note was shoved in your face.

'Y/n, my dearest, I told you that I would make you breakfast and that is what I am going to do, you do everything around this house, I would like to help out with at least one thing.'

You looked up at him, his face was soft but held a stern expression. You knew that he wanted to help, but you were just so used to it you just couldn't help it...

"Alright, alright I'm sorry. Go ahead and finish.."

You sigh softly.

A faint burning smell filled the kitchen and your eyes popped open. You looked over to the stove and noticed a very nervous Roci.

"Is something wrong Roci?"

He quickly shook his head looking back at you with a frail smile.

You raised an eyebrow.

"Roci-"

You were stopped with the wave of the spatula in your face again. You held your lips in a line, with your brows furrowed.

"Corazon.."

He turned around and gulped thickly.
He sighed and turned everything off, pulling the pan from the stove and setting it on the table.

"I'm..I'm sorry Y/n, I just wanted to help. You're so overworked with everything nowadays and I don't want you to become more stressed than you already are."

You smiled softly. 'Oh I just love that voice of his'

"Roci, its alright. What I have told you? Just as long as you don't worry about me too much, I'll be perfectly fine. I'm capable."

He smiled and pulled you into his lap, wrapping his long arms around your waist and pulling you close to him.