Frozen Heart

You woke up from your sleep, feeling around for the man that went to sleep with you the night before but found nothing but empty sheets.

You sat up, rubbing the sleep from your eyes as you squinted at the clock beside your bed.

9:56

"Almost ten, where could he be? He doesn't usually get up till eleven thirty.."

You talked to yourself as you grabbed the large mans robe from behind the door, glancing to the bathroom that was vacant.

"Didn't take a shower, where could he be? Unless he fell asleep on the couch or something when he went to the living room..yeah probably that.."

You slid your slippers on your cold feet, opening the bedroom door and walking to the hall to peer into each and every room before making your way to the living room and peering in.

Nothing.

You frowned and tilted your head, blinking a few times before looking around at the quiet house.

The only noise you could hear was the sound of the television that was still playing in the empty room.

You walked to the couch and sat, looking at the screen as you cast another glance around the room.

"Kuzan?...Kuzan are you here my oversized snow cone?"

Nothing replied, the television still the only thing heard.

You leaned back against the cushions, curling up before grabbing the blanket behind you and wrapping up in it.

"I wonder if The Breakfast Club is playing..or did I record that already..?"

You heard the deadbolt on the door jiggle, the handle opening as the large man stepped through the doorway and looked at you with a lazy expression.

"Ararara...what are you doing up? You're not usually up this early on a week day unless you're training.."

"Well I was in absence of a large body beside me, I guess it got to me. I was wondering where you went. Care to explain?"

His head tilted, eyes shifting to the television set.

"No."

"No?"

He walked to the kitchen, setting a bag on the table as he walked to the fridge for a drink.

"No."

"And why's that?"

"Because its a surprise that's why, you're always snooping around and I'm not going to let you ruin it like you did last year.."

"Last year..? What did I ruin last year?"

"What's today Y/n?"

"Tuesday?"

"Yes good job, go to the guide and see what kind of movies and shows are playing."

You blinked and looked at him as you grabbed up the remote, flipping through the channels.

"Val..valentines day?"

"Bingo."

He sat the bottle down on the counter, leaning up against it as he crossed his arms.

"Oh..."

"Mhm."

He lumbered over, sliding down beside you as his long arm wrapped around you and pulled you to his lap.

"So..what do we do?"

"What we usually do I guess, watch television until one of us falls asleep and binge eat until we have enough weight on us to have a new years revolution..."

"Oh please Kuzan.."

He smiled lazily and laid his head against yours, watching the TV.

"I was just out this morning getting the lay away stuff."

"Kuzan."

"Ararara..chill out I'm joking. You're worth more than a two dollar box of chocolate and a five dollar bear.."

"Awe.."

You snuggled into his side, closing your eyes as he rubbed your back.

"That's why I got one of those big boxes that's like the size of the coffee table, and a nice big bear almost as big as me..so you don't get lonely when I go to work. And so you don't get me sick when you want to cuddle.."

You chuckled and blushed as you nuzzled against his chest, humming softly as your chest fluttered and warmed.

"I love you Kuzan.."

"I love you too Y/n, but just promise me that we won't watch any romcoms today.."

"I promise on my small body that we will watch no romcoms today, instead we will rerun the Golden Girls and make fun of Sakazuki while doing it.."

"Ararara...sounds like a plan.."