Luffy

Boring. Everything on this ship was boring. Or was boring to me anyway. I couldn't help it, I had been taken away from a perfectly functioning island that had perfectly fun things to do repeatedly. Over and over again. But this dull boat and the crashing of the salty waves soon created that of a song that echoed through your head throughout the day and you wished could disappear. You know that feeling? That's what I'm feeling right now. That feeling of total repeat. But on a song you hated. I sighed, stood, and walked across the deck to the kitchen. Oh boy, the kitchen. 'Let's just hope that the face sucking cook isn't in...' I thought bitterly. I pushed the door open slowly, waiting for a reaction or at least some hint of noise. Nothing rang out. Nothing moved. Everything was still. A bit too still. I didn't trust that. Nope. Not one itty bitty bit. I slunk into the door, slowly edging myself into the room. 'Where the hell is everyone?' I sigh. Again. I was captured, alright? I'll admit that. Well actually no. I call it 'forceful entry' they kinda grabbed me and threw me on the ship, and sailed off. To be annoyed is the least of my problems. I'm still waiting for them to drop me off. Maybe they forgot, greaaatttttt. "Godamnit you guys! Where are you!? I never wanted on here in the first place, and now you're just voyaging with an
extra passenger that isn't worth shit!" "Calm down there, Y/n, we took you because that island was being torn to shreds by some rogue pirates." "But why me!? Why not someone else!?" The blonde shrugged and took a drag from his cigarette. "Luffy told us to grab you and take you on the sunny, and we did." Nami's voice rang out over by the railing, her arms crossed as she leaned back. "Again....why me!?" She rolled her eyes and sighed. "I already know I'm not gonna get along with any of you, what's the problem with you all dropping me off at the next island?" "Because the next island is three days away-" "I have to spend three days with you rookie idiots?!" Nami nodded, pushing off of the rail and walking over to the other side of the ship leaving me and the cook alone. "Ya know, Y/n, if you weren't so....bratty I could get into you..." I heard Sanji coo from his spot by the mast. "Well I guess you'll have to live with me being 'bratty' the next three days, shit cook. " I heard a laugh ring out from a different side of the ship and Sanji's eyebrow twitched in annoyance. "You can shut your mouth you marimo!" I shook my head and sat down on the deck whilst closing the kitchen door. Just then, I heard the ever so lovely voice of the captain. Monkey. D. Luffy. The gods must be in a pissy mood today to give me such headaches. "Yo! Y/n!" I closed my eyes and frowned deeply. "Yes, Luffy?" "Ya know, I'm sorry for taking you away from your home and stuff, but I'll make sure that you'll have as much fun as possible until we get ya back to an island!" My eyes popped open. "...thanks..." I muttered out. He smiled and wrapped his rubbery arms around me, hoisting me up into the air. "I'm gonna make you feel like family!" He exclaimed, settling me back down onto my own two feet. I brushed myself off and looked up at him. "I don't think that will be necessary, Luffy, I don't plan on staying...only until I'm able to leave." At my words, I saw his expression sadden and he sighed. "Oh alright...that's okay I guess." I felt a small ping in my heart strain. His expression...that face....so innocent....
I shook my head. 'No! He took you away from your home, remember!?' I sigh and cross my arms, sitting down on the wooden deck. Luffy sat beside me as the other crew members sprawled out with one another, away from the two of us. "I'm sorry...." "Luffy you don't have to apologize again, I get it, you're sorry..." "I know but I'm really sorry...I didn't mean to make you mad..I was just trying to get as many people away from the bad guys as possible.." I raised an eyebrow. "So what? You wanted to be a hero of some sort?" He shook his head. "No! I don't want to be a hero! I want to be the pirate king!" I chuckled, not noticing the small tint of my cheeks that he seemed to point out. "Are you alright, Y/n? You seem to be turning red." I frowned and sighed. "Yeah um...I'm alright...its just..." I shake my head, looking down at my hands fiddling with the bracelets that lined my wrists. "I want to thank you for taking me away..." His expression molded into confusion. You were thanking him for taking you away from your home, your family? "What do you mean y/n?" "I'm saying, thank you. Things over there at that island were going to shit anyway....robberies happening constantly....murders..." My eyes swelled up. "The murders....were spiraling out of control and no one would do anything about it...." I felt the tears leave my e/c eyes, my face burrowing into my knees. Luffy pulled me to him, resting his cheek at the side of my head. "What happened Y/n? Are you alright?" His voice was surprisingly calm..and smooth. I wiped my eyes and gave him a soft glance. "Well...you see...when I was younger, around the age of thirteen, my parents were robbed and murdered by a group of pirates..." I shook the thoughts from my head. I didn't want to think about it, I didn't want it buried inside anymore, I need it to leave me. "And-and I always thought it was my fault. My fault that I was left alone....all alone...." Tears flowed freely now, they cascaded down my cheeks and dropped onto the deck in small pools. Luffy pulled me into his chest, allowing me to openly sob. "Don't take me back! Please! I don't want to be alone again! I want a family that I can confide in! I need someone!" My voice grew hoarse, my cheeks flushed a dark red as my eyes became bloodshot. Luffy pulled a determined expression, "don't worry, Y/n we'll make sure you're not alone...you can be my new nakama!" I sniffled and looked up at him through blurry eyes. "You-you would let me stay on here with you even after I was mean to your crewmates...?" He nodded and wipes my eyes. "You can get to know everyone while we sail to the other islands! They'll forgive you I promise!" I smiled. I actually smiled. Genuinely. Its been so long that I forgot what a real smile felt like, what emotions came with it. And with those emotions, came a new feeling of love for my new family and captain.

[A/N: You guys liking my new groove so far? I am! I'm gonna get more organized I promise! I can't handle not being all meat and stuffs. Onto the next chapter!!
Up next: ??? ]