Two Idiots

It all happened at once. The two of them pressed together tightly to one another as if they'd break if they moved away.

These two idiots weren't very friendly at the moment, actually, far from it.
You'd think the two men would be bickering drunkly over who could drink the most sake, or pick up the most ladies in a night,

But oh no, no. They weren't bickering over drinks; they were bickering over you.

Yes you; Y/n L/n. One of the only women that would willingly go along with any stupid plan either man would come up with.

The most recent becoming a Sea King eating contest, seeing who could eat the most of the colossal fish; creating your ultimate defeat and a case of sea sickness. Fun.

As the bar became even more crowded, the men only grew louder; the clown making snarky remarks about the redhead, whilst the emperor slid in snide comments.

You only sat back with a beverage in hand watching the spectacle, a few others sitting down with you to watch.

"What did you say about my nose you one armed cretin!?"

"You heard me tomato nose!"

You rolled your eyes, looking over at Buggy with a sour expression.

'You're both idiots, what's your problems?'

The two looked back at you with smiles and you flashed them a quick grin and took a sip of your drink, frown growing on your bored face.

You had thought that it would be fun to go out with the boys, have a few drinks, dance a bit, and ultimately crash on one another's ship or nearby hotel until the morning.

But no, they insisted on making a scene, causing a commotion to rack though the small bar.

"They're fighting over..?"

"Baha! I bet she's getting heated over this argument!"

"Who is that?"

A few loud laughs filled the small pockets of silence.

Wait. Silence?

You looked up and noticed the two men gone; oh no. You weren't feeling up for a scavenger hunt tonight.

You got up from your seat and made your way to the entrance, hoping to at least run into one of them on the journey back.

Sadly that didn't happen, and you left the bar empty handed. Shanks was nowhere to be seen; as well as Buggy.

"Dammit you guys, I don't have time for this!"

You sigh and throw the glass bottle down onto the road, breaking it. You make your way down the lightened road, headed for the docks.

Before you could take a step forward anymore, a hand grabbed the back of your shirt making you turn around.

There was no owner; only a white gloved hand. You looked around and tried to spot a flamboyant looking clown; but you couldn't find him.

You sigh and turn to continue, but then an idea hit you; seducing time. A light smirk played on your lips as you turned around and grabbed the floating hand and interlocked your fingers with it.

You dragged it along until you reached your ship, sitting on the side and gently sliding the glove off; flicking it across the deck.

You ran your fingers over the lines of his palm, smiling softly to yourself. You knew he was close, he was watching you from somewhere; you could feel him.