Paulie

Cute awkward blonde ahead
°°°°°°°°°°°°°

The heat out on the deck was blistering, the clothes you wore stuck to your skin as you worked on the new ship.

Many a man in Water 7 had either taken cover in the shade or stayed inside on such a hot and hazy day.

Not these men, no.

These were some of the most precise workers you had ever worked with.

You wiped sweat from your forehead, pulling your h/c hair back into the tight bandana that wrapped around your head.

"Y/n! Come on and hurry up we're getting a ten minute break!"

The relief that washed over you was immense, the heat was getting to you.

You make your way over with the other workers, huddling around a bucket of cold water.
"So who gets the first sip?"
"I do obviously! I've done the most work around here!"
"Bullhocky you have! You're the one that ruined my hammer!"
"That wasn't me you imbecile!"

"That's enough!"

A deep and gruff voice sounded out through the small crowd, smoke billowing from his lips.
"Miss L/n will take the first drink, you animals can wait your turn."

You smiled and chuckled as you stepped forward to drink, enjoying the cool liquid running down your dry throat.

"Paulie, always the gentleman.."
"Gentleman my deep fried a-"
"Don't talk like that around a woman you morons!"

The crowd hushed, your face turning a bright pink as you stepped back, allowing the men to all take their share of the water.

Paulie's eyes met yours for a brief moment, a small smile flashing across his tan face as he turned.

"I'll be back with Iceburg..if these bafoons cause you any trouble just let me know."

He winked, walking back in the direction he came.

You blushed slightly, the hairs on your arms pricking up as he glanced back one final time.

You bit your lip slightly and hummed, resuming your work as the others carried on.

'Y/n come on now...let's get realistic here.."

You brushed it from your mind for the remaining of the hour, it only recurring when you stopped to pace yourself.

"Y/n, come on now.."

You shook your head, stretching slightly.

'Can't help it..goddammit! I really can't help it..so awkward and cute...'

Your cheeks lit up in red, eyes wandering around as you clattered to the other side of the frame of the ship.

You shook your head, beating up a few boards and nails before the day ended.

Everyone sorted out, packing and stacking the boxes up before they all left.

You walked down the way you'd always come, passing by Paulie and Iceburg.

You his your face, looking down at the ground and walking as quickly as you could down the way.

However you didn't get far, someone's hand on your shoulder stopped you and you turned around to a grinning Iceburg.