Distant Memories

Distant Memories

Sam’s POV

The trip was long, and most of the time John seemed to be on the phone. Sometimes he was shouting, others he sat silently. Most of his calls he made to a man named Francis, a few times he called him Alpha. Which really confused me.

I thought John was an Alpha. He would quickly correct himself, and sometimes he wouldn’t correct himself, and if it was a lighter conversation he’d chuckle lightly.

Some hours into the drive he hung up the phone and glanced at me. “Sam can you tell me more about your experience?” he asked me. I nodded, but I wasn’t sure how much I could tell him.

“What I remember mostly was always being trapped on a table. And a bright light was always hanging over my head.” I thought about the dream I had last night, with Layla, and that it had been the moon over my head. Thinking about it, I decided not to tell John about it. Something about what I saw I needed to keep to myself. “When I wasn’t there I stayed in a room by myself or he taught me.”

“He taught you?” he asked, I hadn’t told him about this earlier.

Taking a deep breath I began to tell him about the life I had before running away.

>>>Flashback<<<

“Come here child, it’s time for your lesson.” He said softly to me. I wanted to trust him I really did, he was kind to me now. But later he won’t be, he’ll be cold and mean. “Sit down, that’s right.”

“Yes.” I replied.

We sat silently for a long time, sometimes he would ask me questions. Always about how my ‘treatments’ were going. They hurt, I’d tell him. He always responded the same way, they will until it’s over. Always before he would send me to bed he would give me a glass of water. “Drink and you may head to bed.” He said patting my shoulder. I nodded and drank the water he offered. I was only ever permitted to drink the water he gave me. I don’t know why, but when he offered the cool drink I didn’t hesitate to take it.

I drank my water, placed the glass on the table, where he told me too, and headed to my bedroom. When I reached the door he unlocked it and followed me in. He helped me change into my night clothes, it hurt too much for me to move my arms too much, and let me crawl into bed. The night was filled with silence, and no sleep. I never felt tired or even drowsy. I always laid in bed and imagined what it would be like if I a family that loved me and took care of me. I pictured my mother with long hair much like mine, blonde and sleek. Her eyes I thought would be bright blue. My father was a big strong man, with dark hair and eyes that matched my mothers.

And I had a baby sister that I loved to take care of, I would play with her and dress her up. When my parents were busy I took play with her in another room until it was bed time. Then my parents would send me to bed and read a story to me that wasn’t full of horrors and death. It would be happy and make me sleepy and I would fall asleep and dream about little kid things.