The Chase

THIS HAS HAD MAJOR EDITING DONE TO IT, SO WILL THE NEXT CHAPTERS!!!!!

PLEASE DON'T GET CONFUSED

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The Chase

Layla’s POV

I can’t believe John! Getting on my nerves like that! It’s so frustrating. I ran through the woods in what felt like circles trying to ease my anger. Always jumping in when he had no business too! I finally slumped down beside the river panting. I was thoroughly exhausted, I must of ran every inch of the forest, not that I didn’t know every inch of it anyway. I had to admit it felt nice to be out and in my old world again.

I think it will still take some years living like a human for it to feel like home, because no matter what I always feel more comfortable as a wolf in almost every situation. Especially one’s like these. I heaved another deep breath and blew it out through my nose. For a while John had been invading my thoughts and trying to get me to come back and be a little more “reasonable”. Well I intended on being unreasonable for as long as I wished.

At the snap of a twig my head snapped up. A lone human stumbled out of the trees. He was poorly dressed, shaking and shivering. He landed flat on his face before getting up and watching behind him. Another lost child, I wondered staring at him. I sniffed the air for his scent, he smelled like dirt and sweat, normal of a human running around the woods.

He was no werewolf that was for sure. He gave a shocked scream when he saw me sitting by the river. “I’m going to die.” He whispered, though his face appeared to be frozen in shock. My ears twitched to the sound of feet crunching through the forest, and the smell of rotten blood and silver burned my nose. Reevers. I got up and marched to the boy, and without bothering to listen to his prayers and screams, I hoisted him in my jaws and began sprinting through the trees.

Below me I could hear him muttering, but I listened more intently to the sounds of the feet that had now started following me. Time to confuse these Reevers.

I sprinted towards the mountains and to my favourite spot. Yes the cliff face that led to the change in my life. The Reevers were close on my tail now, but not close enough to nip at me. “We’re going die!” The boy screamed seeing the solid stone wall. I smirked and jumped.

This time my claws dug deep into the rock as my body twisted and sailed smoothly over the creatures chasing me, who evidently, smashed into the wall. In a heap of whimpers and yelps the dogs fumbled biting each other as the two of us ran smoothly away. “Wow.” The boy said. I moved quickly to the river once again and dived down into the water, to lose my scent. The Reevers would never find us.

Moving down stream I found the sand bar and climbed up and dropped the boy. He shuddered and scurried away. He was shaking because of the frigid water. I shook the water from my fur causing him to cry out. “Hey!” I laughed at his attempt to shield himself from the spray. When I was done I sat down and stared at him. “You know, I don’t think you a wolf.” He finally said after some thinking. I growled. “Not a normal wolf that is.” He said quickly. “You’re more of a... I don’t know, a really smart wolf, I guess.” He shrugged. I chuckled and stood up and stretched, if he only knew. “Thank you, I think, please don’t eat me.” He stumbled for words. I walked towards him and lowered my head. He stared at me with wide eyes. And it was like some sort of connection went off in his mind.

The click of a gun snapped me away from him. I looked up to see the river surrounded by hunters. That was strange, Josh wouldn’t send hunters against me. I looked around for the leader. “Well, well, well look what we have here boys, a Demon and its lover.” A big bellied man announced holding a rifle.