If You Go Out In The Woods Today... You'll Find A Wolf/ August Grey

If You Go Out In The Woods Today... You’ll Find A Wolf

(Layla’s POV)

The silver burned my neck. It was hot, the collar thick and the chains were heavy. I growled but didn’t show any weakness. I was locked in a cave. The only light came from a few electrical bulbs hanging from the ceiling. From that light I could see scratch marks along the floors and walls. I was not this chambers first prisoner. The scent of blood and silver had filled me senses the moment the dragged me in here, half unconscious. Now I was mostly desensitized to it.

A few men stood guard they trembled. Why wouldn’t they? I was massive, compared to them. I had grown, apparently inheriting some of the genes from my father. I was probably one of the largest she-wolves out there.

But it also had something to do with power. The stronger the wolf, the larger their size. Knowing that consider how powerful my father was. I’m taking after him, in so many ways.

Michael walked in, holding his book. He didn’t tremble nearly as much as the others. But I could sense it. And see it. I growled threateningly make him halt. “You are just a demon.” He stated composing himself. I growled back. Every hair on my body tingled and stood out. I felt the familiar savage survival instinct tingle the back of my mind. I wanted to shred him, I wanted to sink my teeth into his neck and feel his blood spill over my jaws.

My violent wolf tendencies come partly from the contact of silver. It angers me unlike most wolves. It awakens the savage side of me. I keep it hidden from my family, but I know John has seen it. More than once in fact. But I know how to control it, and now I’m letting Her free.

I rolled my head, loosening the muscles in my burning neck and crouched low on my front paws, a position of attack. I pulled at the chains, the rattled and made the cave fill with noise. Bats screeched and flew away into the light of the moon. “It is interesting, you have yet to turn into a human.” He said watching me with intrigued eyes.

 I hadn’t let them see my human form. Not once, had I shifted in front of them. A skill I had to maintain my wolf form for a long time. Even the night of no moon, I laughed when he stared at me in wonder at the fact I was still wolf.

Still it made me wonder, how much did he know, or Assume to know, about wolves? The book he carried seemed to be an important factor. It was old, it smelled musty and dry. But the few times I’ve managed to glance at the pages, it wasn’t hand written. In fact it was typed, some pages with photographs, others crude sketches.

It was more of a journal, instead of a book. A journal of what though? I barked and watched the three men jump, Michael not as much as the two guards. He held it in, but his eyes snapped to me in fear. “Barking will get you nowhere, you understand?” he said in a mock calm voice. I had to admit he was pretty good at acting, hiding his fear. But not from me.

“You know you’re pretty pathetic for a human right?” I growled back, I know he can’t understand, but it’s fun to mock someone as they shiver in fear. That might be my animalistic side talking but I’m not complaining.