Chapter 8: Meeting Up

Hours passed and I got ready to met up Shawn.

   I changed into a blue crop top with light high waisted denim shorts and slipped on my white converse. Then I curled my hair which I don't normally do but I just did it because I wanna try something different. I put on makeup which is just mascara and some eyeliner. I'm not like a lot of girls who basically bake their faces with tons of makeup and style their hair everyday like they're models in a Victoria's Secret fashion show. I usually keep it casual on a daily basis but there are some days where I just wanna put on loads of makeup and style my hair and be like those little girls in a beauty pageant.

   I look into the mirror as I feel satisfied with my appearance. I check my clock that's on my dresser. 12:38 P.M. I grabbed my phone and my purse that's has my wallet, gum, and chapstick in there. I walked out of my room and headed downstairs.

"Mom, I'm going to the park" I said when I saw her on the couch in the living room.

"Ok sweetie. Don't get kidnapped!" she said.

   I grabbed my car keys from the kitchen counter and headed out the door. I got into my car and started the engine and drove off. I turned on the radio and Treat You Better was playing. I couldn't help it but just smile because I still remember what happened last night at the concert. It was something really memorable and the fact that I'm meeting up with Shawn Mendes right now is crazy. It's like we're just starting to become friends or something like that.

   I got to the park and parked my car in the parking lot. I texted Shawn to let him know that I arrived.

   Sky: Hey! I just arrived

Where are you?😕

   A minute later, Shawn responded back.

   Shawn: At the bench where the entrance is

 I took the keys out of the ignition and got out of my car. I walked over to the entrance and I saw a tall brunette sitting on a bench wearing sunglasses.

   "Shawn?" I asked.

   He looked up at me and smiled.

   "Hey! It's great seeing you again Skylar!" he said while he stood up.

"You too" I said.

   I wanted to faint but I kept it cool so that I won't be embarrassed in front of him. I couldn't believe he remembered me and remembered my name. I thought that I was gonna be one of those fans that the celebrity forgot about but I guess I'm not one of them.

   Shawn gave me a hug and I hugged. I could smell the cologne that he sprayed on earlier. We both pulled away from the hug and we started to walk around.

   We both gotten to know each other. I told him that I'm a senior in high school and that I would like to study creative writing in college. I also told him that I play field hockey for 7 years and that I can also play guitar. Shawn told me some things that his fans and I probably don't know about him including the meaning behind his songs, his family, and much more.

   We stopped walking and sat down on the grass since we've been walking for awhile now. I was admiring how the weather looked. Sunshine, the sound of birds chirping, and the flowers are just what I liked on a summer day.

    "So why me?" I asked him.

   Shawn gave me a confusing look.

"Why you what?" He asks me.

"Why did you pulled me backstage last night?" I asked him.

   He sighed and looked at me.

"Well for starters, you are super nice and kind when I first met you. Secondly, you're singing voice blew my mind and I just had to see you again".

   I just starred at him for a bit and smiled. He is just so nice in person and so honest.

"Shawn, I don't know what to say" I said.

   I felt my face getting hot and by that feeling I can tell that I'm probably blushing.

"Don't get too red or else you'll become a tomato" he said jokingly  and we both laughed because Shawn really doesn't like tomatoes.

   I can tell that Shawn and I are getting along so well. I just hope that no one sees us together suspecting anything.