Chapter 16

"And...open!" I heard and opened my eyes to see Soph holding a red checked dress with a pointed White collar. In her other hand she was holding creepers.

"Ohh...no, no, no, no!" I rushed. "That's what Rihanna wore on x factor!" Soph looked at me weird then shrugged.

"That's kind of the point, Car," she nodded. "We're performing Rihanna."

"I know, but I didn't know we were dressing like her...I can't pull off that look!"

"Are you kidding?!" she pushed me into my bathroom and closed the door. I looked over into the mirror and sighed. We were performing tonight. And I was the most nervous I could be...I don't even know why. I was usually okay with this.

"Just try them on," she handed me the dress, tights and shoes and I shrugged. May as well see myself look like a failure. Closing the door behind her, I changed into my black bra and knickers and slipped into the dress. I put the tights on and the creepers then fluffed my hair a bit before looking up into the mirror. Okay, being honest, maybe I could pull off this look. The dress fitted my figure perfectly, making my boobs look a nice size. Even the creepers made me taller, which had to be a good thing. If I curled my hair, I was pretty much English Rihanna.

"Come out!" I heard from the other side of the door. I shuffled for a moment before opening the door and stepping into my room where Soph was waiting.

"How can you not pull off this look?!" she said.

"Maybe I can a bit," I sighed.

"you can!" she laughed.

"So what are you wearing?" I asked, hoping they were wearing the same dresses.

"We're each wearing different coloured skater dresses," she smiled.

"Coloured? So wait, I'm the only one on thats wearing a checked dress?"

"Yep."

"Soph!" I complained, putting my hands on my hips.

"Don't complain! You're choreographer and I'm stylist. You wear what I give you," she ordered and I took a step back, stumbling on my way back to the bathroom. I handed the outfit back to Soph who put it on a hanger, zipping it into the bag.

"You got the make up?" she asked and I held up the huge tote bag full of eye shadow, mascara, eye liner, lipstick and anything else possible.

"Check!" I smiled brightly.

"Okay then we're ready!" she cheered. "Let's go!"

***

"London baby!" Louis cried. "Oh how I have missed you!" I shook my head, laughing at him. It was now a tradition; he did it every time we landed. Our manager, Rick, led us towards the entrance to the airport and as I tugged my leather carry bag more tightly around my shoulders I looked around. This is where I first met Carly. I smiled to myself at the thought. It was the talent show tonight and I'd told Lou not to tell them we were going, it would be more surprising that way.

Security guards opened the door for us and I felt myself being blinded by lights. Paparazzi snapped and snapped photos and after a moment my eyes began to ache.

"Okay guys, that's enough!" Rick said, though that only encouraged them all the more. They carried on snapping pictures and I sighed to myself. I hated when they never listened to a thing you said.

"Harry!" I heard and squinted my eyes. There were crowds and crowds of girls holding pens and posters being pushed back by security. One of the guards pushed me on, though I span around and ran to a group of girls holding posters with my name on. They started screaming crazily and I automatically moved back, opening my mouth to try and stop the aching pain from my ear. I went to go back to them when I was dragged away once again, and this time I let them take me. We all waved to the fans and tried to get some pictures though I'm guessing they weren't very good. I felt so guilty; we wouldn't be anywhere without our fans and when we got dragged away I didn't want them to hate me; I'd get a picture with every one of them if I could. Signing the last girls' book at the end, I waved one final goodbye as we were thrown into a blackened out car and sped away.

"Whoa! That was insane!" Liam cried. We all nodded in agreement.

"I just hate the way they won't let us stop to see them!" Lou said, matching my thoughts exactly.

The driver made our way to each of our apartments and reached mine and Lou's last. We got out the car, thanking him and made our way to the door. I smiled at the sight of our homely apartment which we hadn't seen for two months, as did Louis before he unlocked the door. We stepped inside and looked around. Our driver came in behind us and placed our bags in the hallway.

"Have a good night," he said and with that, left. We had been offered rides though had said no; the girls' school was only a short drive away and the classic black apparels would do the trick. We had to convince security which was ridiculous, though they have finally gave in.

"Are you staying in that?" Lou asked. I looked down at what I was wearing: my blue blazer with chinos and a shirt. I wish I could wear this.

"I'm afraid the hoody calls..." I trailed off and he began to laugh.

"Ditto," he joked. We both headed upstairs and I walked into my room. I couldn't get noticed tonight, probably not even by Carly. For one: it was too dangerous in a theatre full of people and for another: Carly would kill me if she knew I was there. She was nervous singing in front of us in our apartment, she would be even more nervous in a talent show. I found a plain black hoody with a plain black t shirt and dark jeans. I then opted for black converse. I was going bad boy look tonight, which wasn't really me. I didn't think. I heard a knock on my door and opened it to see Lou standing there in more or less what I was wearing, though a black and White striped t shirt.

"Are you kidding?" I pointed at it. "You look like a criminal."

"Speak for yourself - black really isn't your colour."

"I suit black!" I argued, fixing my shirt that had Rose a little as we headed downstairs.

"Sure you do buddy," Lou nodded with sarcasm. "Are we taking my car?"

"Unless you want to ride with your arms around me on my motorbike, then I think that would be wise," I laughed.

"People call it a bromance for a reason!" he replied, laughing along. "Shall we get going?"

I searched my pockets, checking that I had money and a phone. I clicked onto BBM to see a recent update from Gabby.

'Carly & I are looking hawtttt!' I read and scrolled over to view the picture. I widened my eyes at what they were wearing and then smiled to myself, my eyes lingering on Carly's bright, beautiful smile as I shoved my phone into my pocket.

I flung the house keys at him. "Yep, let's go."

***

"Hey Sam!"

"Carly! Wow...you look amazing!" he cried, showing a bright smile. I immediately felt myself blush so looked to the ground.

"I doubt that," I joked. I was officially ready as were the rest of the girls; my hair had been curled and my eyes were covered in charcoal shadow and liner, my lips a deep, dark red. My make up pretty much matched every other girls' though half of us had our hair curled, the other half straightened. The boys were arriving slightly earlier so we could practise the last eight counts. I lead Sam through to the back room where everyone else was standing.

"Okay so can we just practice the last back flip into the lift?" I asked and everyone got into their positions. Sam threw his bag in the corner of the room and then joined my side. He stepped behind me and I walked a few steps forward; I didn't want to kick him in the face.

"Ready? 5, 6, 7, 8.." I trailed off and threw my body backwards, kicking my legs up and sighed with relief to myself mentally when I felt Sam catch me securely and lift me up round onto his shoulders. I didn't look around to see what was happening with anyone else; I was just concentrating on me and Sam. His arms winded around his back until they found my waist and he spun me round to face him. Our eyes were on the same level and he whispered: "what now?"

"We just...fall," I quietly whispered back and on that note he dropped backwards, falling onto the floor with me on top of him. I looked at him and he looked at me. Wow - talk about an awkward situation. Looking up, I found everyone else in the same place as us which made me smile. Standing up, I avoided eye contact with Sam and instead adressed the rest of the group.

"Perfect! Now let's just go and have fun," I Iaughed, as they did too and started making our way towards the theatre.

"Wait! Top up guys!" Soph called us all over.

"Soph - I've got literally ten layers of that lipstick on - it's weighing me down!" Kristen complained, though Soph just raised her eyebrows.

"Well this is your eleventh and final layer!" she cried, brushing it across her lips. She did the same for Gabby, the other girls and I.

"Let's go!" Gab cheered and we all ran as fast as lightning to catch up with everyone else. I had a bad feeling about tonight, I was nervous for some insane reason because that never happened to me. Only when I had been around One Direction. Which was one time, and it would never EVER happen again. Imagine if they were coming tonight, oh my god, I'd be in France by now.

***

"Tickets, please," the teacher at the door called.

"Here you go!" georgia cried with glee, handing him our tickets. "Seven tickets for us seven!" He looked at each of us and I dropped my face, pulling my hood up slightly more. I know it must have looked dodgy but what else were we meant to do?

"Miss, what's that?" he asked again, addressing Megan.

"Popcorn!" she cheered.

"No food in the theatre," he simply said. Wow, looked like someone still lived at home.

"Oh come on!" she argued. I rarely saw this side of her. "It's a talent show, entertainment! What could we eat otherwise?"

"Nothing," he spat, taking it from her and pushing us inside.

"Hey!" Zayn started to complain, but Liam pushed him on.

"Not here man," I heard him whisper to him.

"He's right," I agreed.

"Fine, but I'm kicking that guys ass later," he sighed. I laughed along. We decided not to all walk in together so me, Lou, Georgia and Niall went ahead towards the entrance people were entering.

"Here's some seats," Georgia whispered, pointing to the back row.

"Awesome, babe," Lou whispered back, giving her a small peck on the cheek.

"Perfect place if we need to run as well," Niall pointed out. He went in first, followed by me, Lou and then Georgia. The others soon came in behind us, taking the three remaining seats next to us on the back row.

"Aw man, I can't see!" Niall complained, his Irish accent seeming annoyed. I looked in front of him then patted his back; a man that tall shouldn't be allowed into places like this, for the exact reason Niall had just proved.

"There's a positive side to everything dude," I said, handing him a kingside packet of haribos. He looked at them and his eyes widened. He then looked back up at me and smiled a completely satisfied smile.

"I love you, you know," he took them from me and I laughed, patting his back.

"Love you too man," With that the lights dimmed, meaning only one thing: the show was about to start. Woohoo!

***

The crowd applauded and girls from the year below ran off stage. I looked at gab who smiled at me and the teachers beside us directed us to go on stage.

"Car, you're up," Gab whispered and I took a deep breath. I was the only one on stage for when I sung the opening lyrics, so I made my way through everyone else and ran into the theatre. Looking up, I found a curtain separating me from the audience...wow! Our school really was modern this year! I stood in position at the back of the centre and nodded to the man starting the cd. I saw him press play so threw my head down, gripping tightly at the mike in my right hand. The music then started and the curtains began to open. I was literally terrified, but when I lifted my head and saw the audience my nerves drifted away. Performing was everything to me.

"Yellow diamonds in the light, now we're standing side by side...as your shadow crosses mine, what it takes to come alive!" I sung the best that I could and heard cheers from the audience.

"Its the way I'm feeling I just can't denyyyy, but I've gotta let it go." My mum best not be here, oh the shame!

"We found love in a hopeless place, we found love in a hopeless place.." I trailed off and repeated it. After finishing my solo the lights started to go crazy just like we had asked. Red and White bright lights swirled around me and I saw the other girls run on stage, dancing wildly in the moonlight, the boys in the shadows behind. I joined in, dancing chaotically the crazy, complex steps we had prepared and as the music rised in a crescendo, Sam and the others ran from the side of the stage in front of us. I looked at Gab and Soph who winked at me before we threw ourselves forward into a flip over, jumping onto our partners backs in sync with the rhythm of the song. I had one hand in the air mimicking Rihanna as did everyone else when I felt Sam's strong grip squeeze my thigh. I widened my eyes. Ooer!

***

I saw him squeeze on her thigh and almost jumped out my seat. Carly widened her eyes for a moment but then smiled. I couldn't stand it. I couldn't stand him. It was terrible, I shouldn't judge people but my mind was telling me that something was going on - going on between THEM. And I didn't like it.

***

After dancing all the right steps (thankfully) Sam and the other boys set each of us down and us girls formed around Kristen as she prepared to sing. We walked in time to the music to the left side of the stage and I saw girls from our year cheering on the front rows.

"Shine a light through an open door, Love a life I will divide, Turn away 'cause I need you more..Feel the heartbeat in my mind.." she sung in her fabulous voice. We then walked to the right side of the stage, actually having a ball laughing as Gabby sung.

"It’s the way I’m feeling I just can’t denyyyyy..but I’ve gotta let it go.."

The song carried on and we all danced our steps perfectly. I then repeated the opening lyrics from the start of the song for the second half and the boys came out again to lift us up. Sam didn't squeeze my leg this time which seriously made me breathe a sigh of relief. We danced the last few steps and as I ran forward into my final position I waited two counts before kicking my legs backwards and flipping over. Sam caught me an lifted me over his shoulders as we had practiced before, and then spun me around. My eyes locked with his and as the song came to an end he dropped onto the floor with me on top of him. It finished and on that count, he kissed me. Sam. Kissed. Me. His lips were warm and soft against mine, and even though there was a theatre of eyes watching us, my thoughts were pretty loud. I didn't want this. I didn't want Sam. I wanted someone else.

I was about to quickly pull away when all of a sudden I heard a loud, deafening scream, causing both Sam and I to break apart. I jumped up and looked to where it came from. A girl from the year below had stood up, pointing towards the back and acting insane.

"OH MY GOD IT'S ONE DIRECTION!!!" she screamed and I followed her gaze until I saw them. I felt my jaw drop and literally touch the floor. They each stood up and their hoodies fell down. Harry looked up and his gaze fell on me. Harry Styles. At my school. Watching me sing...SHIT!

He pulled his gaze from mine and addressed the whole theatre that where staring at them gobsmacked.

"Brilliant!" he cried, clapping at us. I looked over at Soph who looked at me. She looked as though she was about to pads out. Diverting my gaze back to Harry, I saw him carry on.

"But we've gotta go now - bye!" he cried and each of them ran out, pushing two girls along with them. I couldn't make out their faces though..wait, what?! Megan and Georgia?! I felt myself going dizzy and snapped my eyes open. The fact that they'd just seen me perform made my mind swirl. Soph wouldn't be able to pass out, because I was getting there first. My mind blanked out and I felt myself fall backwards into darkness.

***

"Har, the cars here!" Niall cried as each one of them jumped in. I didn't listen. I just ran. I ran and ran until I was just a hooded figure amongst the darkness.