Chapter 8

"Bye," I said closing the door behind them. I now had the house to myself, for a short while anyway; my mum had just text me saying she'd be home in the next half hour. I'd have to see if she was telling the truth. After our unbelievable day with one direction Kristen and Gab had stayed for a short while but wanted to get home before dark so had decided to leave. I wanted them to stay but figured I needed some time to actually process how much I had loved today, but also how insane I had looked. I also needed to check out my head from when Gab had thrown her bodyweight on me without warning. I was probably never going to see one direction again; they must have had a free day and we were the first girls they saw to ask around. I ran up to my room and sat myself onto the bed, grabbing my laptop from the desk. I took my phone and camera from my tote bag and connected them to the laptop. No turning back now. We had taken a lot of pictures today, but I found I didn't want to show anyone them, so instead I just dragged the photos from yesterday at the airport onto my blackberry. Disconnecting them, I scrolled through the album and found myself smiling at each picture. It then came to the one of Harry with his arm around my waist and I just stopped and stared. The world had to find out that I'd met them - it's not like we were ever going to see them again, I didn't want to turn what had happened into a secret; there was nothing to hide. I clicked on the bbm button and then my profile. I scrolled down the pictures until I found it. I know I had Harry on bbm but I really REALLY liked this picture, so I found myself changing my present one. My fingers lingered over the save button and I felt nerves travel through me. I closed my eyes and clicked the button, throwing my phone away from me as I heard the doorbell.

I ran down the stairs, muttering to myself. What if Harry jumped to conclusions? Thought I had only spent the day with him because he was famous? I don't lie, that was obviously part of it, I wouldn't know who he was if it wasn't for the x factor, but I actually liked him. HIM.

I looked through the peep hole in the door and raised my eyebrows. It was my mum. With Nandos bags. Had she gone insane? I pulled open the door and she came inside, giving me a big hug.

"...hi," I said slowly. "You're home...on time." My mum laughed as she brushed past me into the kitchen.

"Don't look so surprised Carly! I can be home on time occasionally you know, and sometimes I bear gifts," she held up the bag. "Nandos - your favourite!"

"Erm...thanks," I said, still a little shocked. I shook my head; my mum was rarely this happy and early so I figured I best make the most of it. "I'll set the table."

I poured us both a drink and my mum set out the food. We sat down and started eating. It was silent for a moment, though I found I broke the tension myself.

"Thanks mum," I said quietly.

"No problem honey," she smiled. "I'm sorry about last night, I promise I-"

"-can we just forget about last night?" I asked, smiling. She smiled in return.

"Of course. So was your flight okay?" I paused for a second, putting the chicken back onto my plate. I could tell her couldn't I? She was my mum after all! I laughed and shook my head.

"Yeah, better than okay actually. I met one direction," I looked up to see my mum staring at me with wide eyes. As little as I saw of her these days, she still knew how obsessed I was with them, and how much I loved Harry Styles.

"You didn't?" she asked.

"Yeah, I'll show you, one second," I said, getting up from my seat and running to my room. I picked my phone up and noticed I had 24 bbms. Great. See this is why you don't upload a picture of yourself with Harry Styles. I threw my phone away; there was no way I was checking that now, and picked up my camera instead.

I ran back to the table and sat down, eating for a minute or so - I was pretty hungry. I then turned my camera on and bye-passed the pictures from today, I didn't want my mum knowing that's where I had been. That sounded crazy I know, I should tell her everything, though I didn't think I should yet. I brought up the picture of me with all the boys standing on the runway outside the airport. I passed it over to my mum and she smiled widely.

"Car, this is amazing!" she said with glee. "What were they like?! No wait, what was Harry like?" she grinned at me, looking about five years old. I thought of Harry and instantly felt myself smile.

"He was lovely mum, they all were," I said. I scrolled through the other photos and stopped on the one of me and Harry, passing it for my mum to see. She widened her eyes.

"What?" I asked automatically. What was it? Did I look all fangirly?

"For what it's worth Carly, I really think you two make a beautiful couple," she said. Whoa.

"Alright mum," I said, taking the camera from her and continuing with my meal.

"I'm not joking!" she took the camera back from me and looked at the other photos. I was just praying she didn't see any from today. She paused again...crap.

"Have you seen the way he's looking at you on this?" she handed it to me, and I formed a puzzled expression. I hadn't seen this photo. It was still from yesterday (thank god) but I don't think Louis had meant to take it. I was looking down smiling, God I looked such a klutz. And Harry...Harry was just looking at me. Looking at me different. The thought barely passed my mind, because I shut my camera off.

"He's probably like that with every fan mum," I breathed. I wanted to know I was lying.

"You know him better than I do," she simply replied. I wish that was true. I wish I could know what Harry was thinking.