Chapter 75

I felt myself returning to a present state and as I slowly opened my eyes, I felt a small amount of pain. I fiercely blinked and as I re-opened them I realised why: the tears. The crying. I took in my surroundings and suppressed a gasp after seeing the image that had been created at some point last night.

I was lying in Harry's bed, completely tangled up in him. I didn't move my head as it was resting on his chest, moving ever so slightly as his calm breaths rose and fell in pattern. I looked down and raised my eyebrows. One of his hands was fastened on my waist, holding me protectively, whilst the other was resting on my bare thigh, which was straddling his hip.  I looked back up and started into nothing for a minute, my mind drifting back to last night.

We had gone to sleep normally, in a friendly sort of way, but I had had a dream. Actually, a nightmare. I didn't even want to think about that, but I had to. He had...he had died. And I had never felt such pain in my entire life. I'd woken up, and he had held me. He'd comforted me, told me that I was okay, and I had fallen back asleep in his arms. And right now, considering the fact that I could think straight...

...I didn't regret it one bit.

He was my first love. And I wanted him to be my only love. I wanted what happened last night - well, not the dream, but the other part - to happen every night. Over and over again. Because when he had held me, I had felt safe, happy, comforted, protected, and even attracted to him. And they were only feelings that I experienced around Harry. They were feelings that no one else gave me. Because he was the one.

I couldn't resist the temptation any longer; I had to look up at him. I carefully lifted my head from his chest and turned it upwards, my eyes locking on his face. There was a natural small smile across his lips, and it made me smile too. His hair was a mess...but he still looked perfect. I reached my hand up and brushed a few curls from his face so that I had a clearer view of him.

"Good morning."

I instantly drew my hand back, looking down. Harry chuckled and the sound caused his chest to shake slightly, causing movement on my part, too. A massive blush appeared on my face and I wanted to die of shame right there and then. Pretending to be asleep when he knew I was watching him, that was cruel. He must have thought I was a loon right now, because he was still laughing.

"M-morning," I awkwardly stuttered, still lying on him. I didn't really know what else to do, because at least this way, I could hide my embarrassing face.

"How are you feeling?" He asked, whispering the question into my hair. I closed my eyes as a shiver ran straight through my body, but not a frightening shiver, an enticing shiver. Christ.

"G-good," I stuttered again. God, I was an ashamed wreck right now. I had to step up. I blinked and then looked up at him, which he clearly wasn't expecting as he didn't move his face further away. We were so close that our noses were only a millimetre from touching, our lips only centimetres from kissing. I wanted to kiss him - so badly. But I didn't. I met his eyes and smiled a warm smile.

"I'm sorry about last night;  I just really hate nightmares. But...thank you for what you did. I - I've never felt more safe in my life."

I couldn't help but notice as his hand slid from its resting position on my thigh to underneath it, pulling me up so that I was closer to him. I had to lift my head up slightly so that we weren't completely touching, and my face ended up hovering over his.

"It was my pleasure," he quietly whispered, before looking away. His eyebrows narrowed and I could tell that he was deep in thought.

"Harry, what's wrong?" I naturally asked, craving to know what was bothering him.