Once she finished making the rest of the French Toast, she grabbed a plate for herself, and sat down at the table by Hank and Sean.

Deciding to make small talk, she turned to Hank, and smiled. "What are you up to lately? Any big and grand inventions that might change the world?"

Hank shook his head. "No, no. Nothing too big. I was just working on a small present for Rory for the next time she shows up."

That made Scarlett smile. She was happy that Hank and Sean clearly still liked Rory, as the two were always asking when her and Erik would make another appearance. While she didn't know the answer to that, she was happy that they weren't bitter about their leaving.

"What are you making her?"

"A gauntlet of sorts, something to help her control her fire, and amplify the intensity of it."

Sean nearly choked on his French Toast. "Look," he said, "I like Rory and all, but isn't that a little risky? Making her something like that...when she's trying to hurt people?"

Casting a glare at him, Scarlett asked, "What do you mean by that?"

"Don't get me wrong," Sean argued, "she's a great person and all. But didn't her and Erik leave because they thought humans were below us, and thought they needed to be killed? It's not like we split our group because of a simple misunderstanding."

Taking a deep breath to calm her boiling blood, Scarlett stated, "Rory would never hurt anyone. Not intentionally . She left because she didn't feel like she belonged here. Because, yes she agreed with Erik, but also because he made her happy. She's not a bad person. If Hank wants to make her a present, then he has every right to."

Sean didn't say anything about that, and the table fell into an odd silence. Everyone finished up their breakfast quickly, and left the room, leaving Scarlett back to her own thoughts. She couldn't believe that Sean had dared to say such things about her best friend, a person she knew was a good person.

But, there was doubt in her mind. She may not be privy to Rory's thoughts all the time, but she was completely aware of Erik's mind. The older man had a lot of negativity surrounding him, and he was one of the few people Rory got to interact with nowadays. How could Scarlett be sure that Erik wasn't being a bad influence on her best friend? It was impossible to say what the two of them had encountered by themselves, and Scarlett really had no idea who her best friend was anymore. By all means, if the last time she'd seen Rory meant anything, wouldn't it mean she'd gone to a darker place in life? Why else would she of killed her parents?

No, Scarlett shoved the thought out of her mind. Rory didn't kill her parents. It had been a simple accident. Her best friend was incapable of killing. And there had been no proof that she'd been the killer, anyways. It had all been circumstantial evidence, and Scarlett had known it. She felt horrible for letting her mind get away from her.

She also felt bad for getting mad at Sean when he'd been perfectly in his right to discuss his opinion. Even if she hadn't agreed with what he was saying, it didn't give her the right to snap the way she had.

Once she'd made up her mind to apologize to him, she casted her mind to find him. Once she located him, in his room, she started to make her way to him. When she got to his door, she knocked.

"Go away," he called out.

"I want to talk, Sean," she responded, softly.

"Go away," he repeated. "I don't have anything to say, not when you'll just yell at me again."

Sighing, Scarlett tried again. "Look, Sean, I had no right to talk to you that way, this morning. It's just, you...you brought up something sensitive, and I feel ridiculous talking to a door. Can you please open it up?"