As Arvika and Dev stepped into the temple in the tranquil embrace of the evening, the soft glow of dusk enveloped them, casting long shadows across the ancient stones. While the ambient chants and the scent of incense filled the air, Dev found himself entranced by the ethereal presence of Arvika beside him. Her grace and poise seemed to illuminate the sacred space, captivating his attention to the exclusion of all else. He was still in a daze of the embrace they shared a few moments back. He was not lying when he said that Arvika was no less than the Goddess inside the temple for he could worship Arvika day and night.

Unbeknownst to Dev, Arvika's steps were accompanied by a silent dialogue with the divine. As she traversed the temple halls, her heart heavy with the weight of tradition, she offered prayers of gratitude for the opportunity to seek solace within the temple's sanctum. Yet, a pang of remorse gnawed at her conscience, a whispered apology for defying convention by entering during her menstruation.

The rest of the journey was masked in a comfortable silence but Arvika was soaked in an unknown comfort and the smile never left her face; she replayed his words again and again and a blush crept on her cheeks unknowingly.

As the night enveloped them in its embrace, Dev remained lost in the labyrinth of his thoughts, his primal instincts driving him ever closer to the edge of temptation. And in the silence that stretched between them, he couldn't shake the feeling that something irrevocable had shifted within him, forever altering the course of his journey with Arvika.

****

A week later

Arvika sat alone amidst the quiet confines of the library, the soft glow of the reading lamps casting a gentle illumination over the rows of shelves. Her classes were done for the day and she was immersed in the world of calculus, pencil scratching against paper as she tackled the intricate equations before her.

While Kavya was busy with her own tasks and backlogs back inside her hostel room, Arvika found comfort in between the old and thick books of engineering, science and whatnot. After a period of rest and healing following her heart surgery, Kavya's mother regained her strength and vitality. With each passing day, she grew stronger, her resilience shining through as she resumed her daily routine in Mathura.

Determined to leave no stone unturned in his quest for success, Rohan dedicated himself wholeheartedly to refining his skills and knowledge, eager to showcase his abilities to potential employers. He couldn't take risks this time, he needed this job.

And Dev?

Well, Arvika didn't know where he was. It had been a week and she hadn't seen or heard from him. Maybe the hug they shared the last time they met was too bone-crushing? Or, was it the Prasad?

Arvika didn't know. She neither tried to contact him nor asked Rohan or Kavya about it. Maybe he was at home to meet his family? Arvika sighed and directed her attention to the current problem, that is, the calculus problem.

Vinay's footsteps echoed softly against the polished marble floors of the library as he made his way through the rows of towering bookshelves. His heart weighed heavy with remorse as he approached the secluded corner where he had last seen Arvika engrossed in her studies.

With each step, memories of his past behavior in Mussoorie flooded his mind, his cheeks flushing with embarrassment at the recollection of his actions. He had red bull that day along with the sneaky remarks of his friends who booed at him for being a chicken as they all knew what he used to feel for Arvika. Red bull literally got him wings and his friends' remarks got him a pervert tongue. He knew that he had acted recklessly and without thinking, and now, he was determined to make amends and seek forgiveness from Arvika.