Chapter 12

After Loki was all dressed and ready I practically dragged him out of the tower and into the real, still horrible, world. Jarvis had already notified the others of me and Loki's day out. 

  We both started off with a nice walk around Time Square. As we walked some more we had passed by the 911 Memorial, Empire State Building, St. Patrick's Cathedral, Little Italy, Brooklyn Bridge, and of course The Statue of Liberty.

  At that point we, well Loki, decided it was time to go back to the tower. We got ourselves some coffee, I did at least, and a muffin. Loki somehow managed to place a pink and yellow plumeria behind my ear. Now I'm no genius when it comes to plants but I'm almost, 100% sure, positive that these flowers are native and most commonly found in Hawaii.

  I didn't say anything though. The flower was beautiful. By the time the sun could no longer be seen as the moon was rising me and Loki were walking through Central Park. We walked side by side, him telling me stories about Asgard and other things that Midgard, which is Earth, doesn't have.

  "Is it true that the palace is made of pure gold?" I asked as we started walking over a bridge.

  "That is true. The grand palace in Asgard is pure gold as well as extremely large." Glancing at him something in his emerald green eyes sparked with something I couldn't quite see.

"Do you-do you miss Asgard?" I wasn't sure if his home was a touchy subject or not. If it was then I just ruined this whole conversation.

Loki stayed silent and I was going to apologise but he started speaking. "At times I do," he said with that same spark in his eyes. "But there is nothing to go back home to."

"What about your mom? Frigga? Don't you have her to go back to?" Even if I wasn't facing him I could tell a soft warm smile was on his lips.

"Mother always thought of me as her son. Even after I told her she wasn't my mother, she still treated me the same." That made me happy yet sad. Happy because even through all the horrible things Loki has done, when almost everyone has shut him out, Frigga was still there. Still telling him that he was her son and she was his mother. Then it made me sad because that's what family love is. It didn't matter nor bother Frigga that Loki wasn't truly Asgardian, that he was part frost giant, but she still loved him and treated him with respect. "What is wrong Robin?" Loki asked breaking me out of my thoughts.

"It's nothing important," I waved it off but Loki being the Prince of Tricks and Lies he saw right through mine.

He stood right in front of me and held my shoulders. "It is not wise to lie to me Robin, clearly something is the matter with you."

"Loki, really, its fine. I'm over it." I tried to get out of his grip but his hands were like steel.

"Robin," he warned and I just sighed, knowing that there was no way of really avoiding this.

"I don't have a family." I said. "I guess you talking about Frigga and how she still loves you no matter what you've done or what you are, it made me realise that I never really had that. My whole life I never really had a real family, I'm an orphan. Some days I would lay awake thinking of different reasons why my biological mother or father or both had left me. Did they not love me? Were they not ready to have a child? So many questions would intrude my mind but over the years I've learned to just leave it alone, it's not important anymore. If they wanted to see me they would have done so already but clearly they never did."

"What about your, as you Midgardians would call it, foster parents?"

"Never had one. I was an odd child Loki. My green hair, it isn't dyed. It's naturally green. And I would always be alone in my room watching the people outside and have this odd connection with them. Sure I would go from family to family but never had a family that I could truly call my family."