🌤🌤Sleeping Together🌤🌤

A/N: Sorry for not updating in a while guys! One, I had writers block, and two, I had school and activities to deal with, so yeah. I tried to make this one longer then the other ones that I've put up so far just to make up for it.

I honestly don't know how I got this idea, it just popped into my head. Sorry if it seems silly...

By the way, do you guys prefer Keith being the submissive one in the relationship and Lance dominant, or vice versa?

Anyways, enjoy!

========================

Keith's POV

"Keith? What are you doing up so late?" Shiro's voice seemed to echo through the kitchen. Keith turned his head around, looking up at the Black Paladin from his seat on top of the counter. "Oh, nothing...I just can't sleep. What's your excuse?" Keith didn't mean to sound defensive or hostile, but it did. "I was going to the bathroom." Shiro replied, narrowing his eyes at Keith. "Oh, ok." Keith shrugged, turning away from him. "You really need sleep Keith. I get that your used to going a while without sleep, but I think it's been affecting you lately. For the past few days you haven't been at the top of your game. In training you've been getting beaten into the ground, in actual fights your reaction time is slower, and the most frightening thing of all is that you've stopped arguing with Lance." Shiro said, but the last part was just to lighten the mood.

Damn...I should've just stayed in my room...Keith thought. Ever since they get on the ship, when Keith didn't sleep at night he just lay on his bed lost in thought. But for the past week, seeing as how it's basically been 7 days, he has decided to wander around the ship. But lately, the reason he hadn't been sleeping well was because of nightmares. The nightmares bothered him so much, that he couldn't bring himself to fall asleep and relive them, every single night. Nightmares about all of the Lion being taken and the Paladins being captured. Nightmares about his team being tortured while he could only watch in horror. Nightmares about the Red Lion rejecting him because he wasn't good enough. "What's going on with you Keith?" Shiro had walked over to him and put a hand on Keith, who flinched a bit. A memory from one of his nightmares of Zarkon taking over the Black Lion and killing Shiro by spearing him trough with a sword flashed into his mind. "Keith?" Shiro said questioningly when he saw the teen flinch.

"Nothing's wrong. I just haven't really been getting any sleep at all lately. My mind keeps me up with all the thoughts on how we can defeat Zarkon and stuff like that." Keith didn't like lying, but he felt ashamed. He was being kept up at night by pathetic nightmares like a 5-year-old kid wth a dark imagination. "I'll go back to my room and try to sleep. Good night Shiro." Before Shiro could say anything, Keith jumped down from the counter and headed to his room.

Shiro stared after Keith, confused. What was up with him? Was it really just thoughts that kept him up? If it was, then that was understandable seeing as to what they do every day.

With a small sigh, Shiro left the room, heading down the hall for the nearest bathroom. How could he fix this problem?

=Time Skip 2 days later=

"This is what happens when you disobey me Paladins." Zarkon growled, glaring down at the five Paladins and two Alteans before him. Zarkon paused for a moment, appearing to be assessing them, then reached down, grabbing Pidge by their throat. Pidge made a strangled noise, hands flying up to their throat and legs kicking in the air. Keith watched Zarkon tighten his grip on their neck, watching Zarkon squeeze Pidge's throat tighter and tighter...until they stopped kicking. Their hands dropped to his sides and his whole body was still, looking like a limp ragdoll in the hands of the evil lord. "Who's next?" Zarkon threw the body away carelessly, turning his hatred-filled gaze on the rest of the group. His eyes landed on Lance and he reached for him, Lance's eyes widening. "No!" Keith shrieked, trying to stand but was forced back to his knees by a soldier, watching helplessly yet again, as Zarkon repeated the same process. Tears streamed down Keith's face as he watched Lance struggle and kick in Zarkon's grip, trying to free himself but to no avail. When Lance's body went limp, he threw it to the side like he had done Pidge and reached for Keith next, hands enclosing around Keith's throat and-