Imagine Ivar being the one who wants to take over your kingdom - I

Words: 1964

You sat before the altar on your knees, the small cross you always wore neatly folded between your hands while you were praying to the lord Christus. It was a soft murmured that came over your lips, before you opened your eyes and looked up to the statue that was hanging on the wall. "Amen." You wispered while making a cross sigh with your hands. You stood up and walked in silence out of the little church you had, back home. As a princess you were admired by your people, everybody nodded at you, bow or speak to you with 'my lady' or 'your highness'. You hated that part of your life a little, always being the example towards your people. Playing by the rules and things like that. You wanted something adventurous for a change but there was hardly something here. When you walked through the gates you found your father walking over the courtyard, he saw you and stopped.
"Where have you been?" He asked you.
"Praying father." You answered him with a soft polite voice. He didn't got further on the subject and you walked besides him to the dining room where servants just briging on the food.
"Just in time." Your father smiled. You were his oldest daughter, the rightfull heir to the throne he had. Your brother came in and took his pleace on the table so you followed.
"I'm going hunting tomorrow." You brother said. You putted a piece of chicken in your mouth and slowly started to chew while looking at your father.
"That's a great idea, you can use the experience." He nodded.
"Can't I come?" You asked. Both your father and brother looked at you as if you said something really stupid before they began to laugh.
"You're a girl Y/n." My father laughed. You pointed your eyes back to your dinner, ingnoring their laughter.
"My Lord," You looked up to the guard who walked in. It was hard to behave like you didn't know him when you were in fact a lot closer to him. You smiled behind your hand while looking at the handsome face Hendrick had.
"What is it?" My father asked.
"The great heathen Army conquered Wessex, it will be a matter of time before they come raid here." He explained. Your smile disapeared and you looked at your father, he nodded practical.
"Double the guards, set in a curfew for the people. That heathen army will not take over my land." He nodded strongly. Hendrick bow and gave you a fast gaze before he walked out again. You looked back at your father. "Not hunting, you two stay in the castle from now on." He commanded the both of you. Great, in so far the adventure you were seeking.

You couldn't take the risk to be seen so you wore your most neutral dress and a black cloak when you slipped out of the building. You had to see Hendrick one last time before that heathen army would take over the place. You father was confident that he could resist them but if they took Wessex, who had dubble the defenses your father had, what should stop them here? You lurked from behind the wall to the gates, soldiers everywere so you had to find another way to get out. You climed up a wooden shed that gave you acces to the wall. You smiled a little about the adventure you currently had. When non of the guards was looking you let yourself fall on the other side of the wall, running in to the woods. You picked your dress up while carefully walking through the woods to a big shed behind the fields. Hendrick his brown horse stood bound on a pole, trembling a little out of fear when you arrived. You pushed the door under a loud crack open and looked for the guard that stole your heart. "I didn't thought you would come." He said. You walked over to him, he pulled you against his body in a tide embrace.
"Do you really think that an heathen army and some extra guards will stop me from seeing you?" You asked smilling. He cupped your face and kissed you tenderly.
"This could be our last time together." He wispered. You looked at him, in the dim light of the torch his face was more beautifull than ever.
"Than we should make the best of it." You answered while biting your lip.
"We are Christians Y/n, we shouldn't do this before marriage."
"But if it is our last time, who would care? I love you Hendrick." You pulled on his belt and he smiled in mischief. But for you could go any further you heared his horse calling out, you also heared something else. You looked over your shoulder towards the door. "You heared that?" You asked. Hendrick pressed his lips against your neck, give a little bite and you forgot your surrounding already. His belt felt on the ground when the sheddoor flew open with a load crack. You turned around and looked at ... Vikings.