Imagine you and Ivar love to raid and battle together - III

Words: 2395

You didn't behave like a normal pregnant woman, you still did the thinks you liked. When nowbody looked you where sparring against a tree or just working with bow and arrow. You still ride your horse, even with a belly that blocked half your movements. You discussed battleplan and raids with the brothers. But after a long day your couldn't deny the fact that you were tired, that you used to much energy and you got emotional over little thinks. And when you laid in bed you stroke your belly, talking to the little man as if he was already born. The gods didn't took away your son in those seven months, he kicked and turned and you knew he was healthy, cripple or not. Seven months, still two to go and you would finally meet the little guy. Your love grew, you loved him more than you loved his father on this moment. But you told the little guy his father loved him despite the fact that Ivar was hardly around. Seven months ... you wouldn't die in loneliness, you had Ubbe, Hvitserk, even Sigurd did a try to amuse you when you were moody again. But no Ivar, it felt like the Gods wanted you to leave so you could maybe die in loneliness.

You let your sword sink in your belt when you heard the noice. It was way to early for trading, the sun was barly up. You always were an early bird but your growing son maked it worse. You tilted your head a little, try to recognize the sounds you heard. It took you a while but then you heard the horn and that ment one thing, danger. Adrenalin rushed through your body when you grabbed your bow and arrow and ran outside. Your horse his ears were fixated on the noice he heard so you followed his stare. "This is a verry bad idea." You said to yourself, your hand resting on your belly. But you couldn't resist, you were and would always be a warrior. It took you ten minutes of walking towards the center of Kattegat before you saw the first since of voilence. A body on the ground ... fruit rolled out of the baskets. The great Hall would always be the center of all attacks, this was about that, winning from Lagertha who was currently queen. Fighting soldiers was easy, fighting Vikings? No that much. But you had to protect not only yourself, you had to protect your son to. You felt him kick and you smiled a little. "Don't worry little guy, it goes around that I'm the best female fighter of kattegat so you have nothing to," You couldn't finish your sentence because of the viking who stormed right at you. You drew your sword and coldy maked an end to his life. "See." You said smiling, glad that you still had in you despite the seven month of pregnancy. You came out at the great hall, despite the conflict between Ragnar sons and Lagertha they agreed to work together on this one. You saw Ubbe and Sigurd fighting of some vikings while Hvitserk galloped by without even noticing you. It was chaos, half Kattegat was still sleeping when they were supriced by this attack. You weren't sure if you would get into the find with them ... because you were pregnant. Ubbe would kill you if he saw you even standing here, if Ivar wasn't faster on the killing part.

You hided yourself and used arrows to take some of the vikings down. But when you aimed to take another one down you saw Ivar, crawling towards the great hall, yelling at his oldest brother. "Hvitserk is getting her!" Ubbe yelled back. Hvitserk wouldn't find you home, you were already here. Some vikings turned there fight to Ivar who was to far from his brothers, or anyone, to get some help. You took a deep breath, prayed to the gods they would spear you or at least your son before you crawled out of your hiding space. You drew the string of your bow, aimed and shot the viking right in his head who was planning on killing the man you loved. It took Ivar a moment, he coldy killed to other vikings before his eyes found you.
"Y/n!" He yelled angry, always angry. "What are you doing?"
"Saving your life, what does it look like?" You yelled back. You take another one out and tried to get to Ivar.
"Don't!" He warned you. Listening to him was not your strong suit. But you should have listened. A strong arm grabbed you from behind, almost smothering you by his grip. He pointed a knife on you belly and you felt for the first time fear during a battle.
"Y/n!" Ubbe yelled. That caught everyone his attention because all of the sudden they wanted to fight there way towards you.
"I kill her and this precious baby." The man said. Ubbe stopted, the battle stopted and all eyes were on you and the man behind you who was probably their leader. "Lay down your weapons." He commanded. You eyes went from Ubbe to Ivar who was beyond rage.
"Ivar." Warned Ubbe his brother. There was no stopping Ivar, he aimed his axe and trew it right at you and the leader. He missed and for once you were glad about it.
"Do you want uss dead?" You asked angry.
"Let her go." Ivar said softly, to softly.
"Ivar the Boneless," the man laughed. "is she yours?"
"I'm nobody's." You said between your teeth. He pussed the knife a little in your belly and you tried to escape the feeling.
"What do you want?" Ubbe asked. But then Lagertha appeared, strong and confident as always. You looked up to her, you admired her.
"Let the girl go." She said. You wanted to protest on the girl part but Ubbe gave you a stern look.
"She is valuable." The man behind you grinned.
"Not to me." Lagertha replied. You stared at here before your eyes felt on Sigurd who looked in short moments towards the roof behind you. You narrowed your eyes, looking at Ubbe before looking at Ivar. But Ivar was to consumed in his rage to notice anything.
"Let her go." He said again, slower, threatening.
"Ivar, leave this to me." Lagertha said with a small smile.
"I still want to kill you to, don't give me a reason to do it now." Ivar said while looking back at the leader. "LET HER GO!" He yelled. Sigurd looked back at te roof, than to Ubbe and you followed his gaze. Ubbe nodded. Being together in battle all the time give you certain benefits. You knew the brothers, you knew what their face expressions meant.
"Now y/n." Ubbe said. You pushed your elbow in the man his stomach, getting some distance but not without he cutting you. You felt his body colaps against the ground. You turned around, looked at the arrow and then to the roof were Hvitserk shortly smiled. "Get her safe!" Ubbe commanded his brother. Sigurd pulled you away from the fight but you only could watch to the cut in your belly. You were bleeding, a lot. Sigurd brought you to their house, the house of Ragnar's sons. The blood loss maked you nauseous.
"I have to get Helga. Don't go anywhere." Sigurd said.
"Don't think I would get far." And you lost consciousness.