"Someone might've asked him out." She said half-heartedly and looked back at Chris with a chuckle.

"What? Why are you chuckling?" Chris asked amused. He had a fear that Pax might've called her ex-boyfriend here but as she also looked surprised, just then he relaxed.

"Are you jealous of him?" She drawled out. He coughed awkwardly and shook his head.

"What! Me? No!" He yelped. Pax still had that secretive smile when she shook her head in amusement. Suddenly Alex came out of the blue and took Pax near the dinner tables.

"Where are you two going to the after party?" Alex almost demanded. Pax lifted an eyebrow.

"Afterparty? Oh boy, count me out." She said bluntly.

"You can't! Chris might've something good planned." Alex gave her a sly smile.

"No way!" Pax said, just as stubbornly.

"Fine! Be this way." Alex groaned and walked the other way.

"I presume, she didn't get what she was asking for?" Chris asked amused at the frown on Pax's face.

"Oh, she will be." Pax smiled back at Chris.

After dinner, soon they were heading towards where the dance was being held. There were already a bunch of people squeezed on the dance floor.

"Excuse me, students!" A voice stopped them from going further. It was their principal and the gym teacher.

"Ms. Kelly, please come to the stage and declare our prom King and Queen's name."

A girl dressing in blue gown walked at the stage and took the cards. "Our Prom King from batch 2016 is...Max Jonson!"

They all clapped as Max smugly bowed and took his crown. Alex flipped him off when he winked at her.

"And without a Queen, there's no King so the Prom Queen is...Cory Dawson!"

Everyone clapped again but Cory didn't come. "I'm sorry Cory Dawson!" The girl asked again but still, there wasn't Cory.

"Did she just missed prom?" Kara asked Pax who frowned.

"I don't know. But she should've been here. She wouldn't miss Prom even if her life's in line." Kara nodded.

"Hey, if the real prom Queen isn't here, then I can make my own Queen. Alexis Brown! You're my queen! Come out to the stage!" Max took the microphone from the girl's hand and yelled. Alex gave him a glare but walked on the stage and took her crown.

"Let's give them space to dance, guys!" The girl chirped and they all made space for the official Prom king and Queen's dance. When their dance was finished, everybody clapped.

"Let's dance!" Kara said dragging Pax and Alex towards the dance floor. Myra was already dancing with her date. Pax looked back and waved for Max and Chris to follow them.

At one point, Max unexpectedly dipped Alex backward and she yelped in surprise. Everyone in their group couldn't help but laugh loudly at how much fun they were having. And then the song ended and faded into a slow song.

"Mind if I cut in?"

Pax turned and saw it was Chris smiling coyly at her as he held out one hand, waiting for her to take it.

She did.

He held Pax's hands while he guided her arms so they twined around his neck, and then rested his hands on her hips. They swayed to the music.

"Did I tell you that you look very beautiful? Red really looks good on you." He whispered.

"Hmm...let me think, yes, you did. You look great too."