Chapter 32: I'm Royally Fucked

Paxton's POV

"Ahh!" I screamed out with a loud laughter following my scream. Way to wake up from sleep. I thought bitterly as I noticed the culprit still clutching his stomach from laughing too much.

"Dude, that was hilarious." Max choked out still laughing. And I was left drenched in cold water. Just like Alex, Max was unfortunately unpredictable when it comes down to pranks.

"I'll show you hilarious," I muttered shivering in the cold.

"No! Wait! I came here to say thank you." He spoke as his laughter died down. But the hint of a chuckle still lingered as he caught to hide it. 

"It's a way of saying thank you? By throwing cold water at me at...6 am?" Again ignoring my words he helped me stand up and turned up the heater.

"That was the way of waking you up. I wanted to say thank you cause I've heard you accepted Penny and told her she can come whenever she wants." Max replied with a genuine smile which made me little guilty but I brushed it off.

"Oh that. Well, she's your girlfriend. If she makes you happy-"

"She is." He said with a dreamy face. I didn't dare ask what kind of happy he was talking about so I decided to take my freezy ass to dry.

"You've made your point now go away!" I yelled from the bathroom to which he chuckled and a door slum confirmed that now he was gone.

Finally.

Then I remembered last night. The memories of last night swam through my mind as if I was reliving them, but I decided not to think about last night because I had to hurry and out of this shower before I truly freeze off.

Alex was picking me up at 6:30. After getting ready in a tank and jeans with my jacket I glanced at outside through the window that was covered by royal blue curtains. Instead of seeing Alex's bike I noticed the Porsche which belonged to who's name not should be mentioned. I turned my attention to the alarm clock next to my bed. It read, '6:47'.

Crap.

I walked out of my room to downstairs and was immediately hit with the smell of breakfast.

Now that's new seeing here no one make breakfast other than me, not even Chris.

I strode into the small kitchen and saw Wade at the stove. My jaw dropped as I noticed Max, Penny, and Chris waiting at the table. I mentally captured the moment in my mind. It was one of the things I have missed and it felt like nothing changed. Wade chuckled when he noticed me standing there looking dumbfounded, "Are you just going to stand there and stare at me, Pax?" I jumped. Then I began to scold myself.

Wade turned around and had two plates in hand. I noticed the smirk and immediately knew something was wrong.

"No thanks, I don't need to eat," I spoke and joined the guys by standing to wait for their eating to finish.

Nodding Wade was grinning and trying not to look at me. With arms and plates in the air, he walked over to the dining table and sat them down. He too sat in a chair then gestured for me to sit. I tried to keep my cool by giving myself an inner pep talk. As soon as I got to the chair, my mouth started to water.

Damn stomach!

"You can eat you know. He didn't put poison in it." Max retorted laughing. I looked at him irritated. Just a few days ago he was hell-bent on Wade's ass so he can't ever come back in our lives and now's he's acting as best buddies.

Stick with one thing, dude!

I sat myself down in the chair and picked up the breakfast. No need to waste time. If the rest of the people can eat it without getting poisoned, then I can too. I looked at Chris who was staring at Wade in distaste. I mean after seeing our kiss it was bound to happen. Sighing I nudged Chris who's face immediately brightened to see me smile.