Chapter 34: She's All Mine

Paxton's POV

"So that happened." I breathed out telling the exact thing I've said to at least five times. Alex nodded frantically with me when the angry parts came and smiled when it was finished.

If any people are thinking, I was talking about the big stalker reveal just a day ago.

"I still can't believe that girl went to this far just so she can know what's happening in your life. She's the stalker horror movies are made for." Alex remarked.

"Hmm," I added remembering the look on Penny and...her face when they were thrown out. They should be looking smug or sacred but what they looked was guilty and sad.

"Hey, by the way, where are your cousins? I didn't see them after that night." Alex asked twirling a knife in her hand.

I smiled. "Reese and Reed went back to Maryland. Aunt Randy directly summoned them to go back or she threatened to call police on them or worse call Uncle Robert and we all know they are scared shitless where his name is concerned."

Alex started to chuckle and I joined her. It was three days before prom and we were chilling at my house. Max was downstairs making breakfast (I know he doesn't know the first thing about it but it was microwaved so we were saved from the horrible pain that was to follow if he actually made something.) Chris was also downstairs helping him (Another saving). And for Penny, I don't think she's coming back anytime soon in our life.

And the strange thing I missed that girl...

I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard my bedroom door open and saw a shadow slowly making its way towards us. I peeked over Alex and saw sparkling brown eyes staring widely at me.

"BREAKFAST READY, PAXXXX!" Max's voice boomed through the air.

"Geez Max. Give my ear a little break." Alex retorted. I looked into Max's eyes and could see a flash of hurt go through them. Did he look away scratching his neck in...embarrassment?

"Sorry...I'm sorry." If I counted how many times Max has said sorry to Alex, I'd be a billionaire by now. When Max realized his girlfriend only came to his life for me, and he has insulted Alex about it, the first thing he did to run to my actual house to say sorry to Alex. I didn't know what happened between them, but it seemed like they've become more uncomfortable towards each other than before.

"So, come down for breakfast," Max said and when Alex didn't reply he walked out of the room sulking.

"Cut him some slack, Alex. He's going through heartbreak," I responded with a sigh then got up and walked to my wardrobe, opening to pick out today's outfit.

Alex looked like she wanted to say something but then closed her mouth. "I'll try. Let's just hope I'll be alive to do that after eating breakfast made by that idiot."

Smirking at her words we both came downstairs to see Max and Chris were talking in a whisper. They even seemed too much into it to notice that we were there.

"Hey, Chris." Chris jumped from Max and Max looked horrified at me.

Ok, what's going on? Something's really fishy.

I walked over to Chris greeting him with a kiss on the lips. "Good Morning, Chris." I chirped. Then I looked at Max who was talking with Alex in a hushed whisper.

"What happened between them?″ I asked confused but Chris's face paled.

″You know something, don't you?″ Chris shook his head and then nodded when I gave him a glare.

"I know but I promised Max, he'll tell you personally." I nodded glancing at Max who was shaking his head like he just lost a bet.

Chris smiled at me and set a plate of pancakes in front of me. I lifted a brow and he gestured to Max. "He burned the food in the microwave so I quickly prepared some Pancakes."