Chapter 37: Go To Prom With Me?

Chris's POV

After my nonstop meeting with mom, I was somewhat tired and missing my girlfriend. So after arriving, the first thing I did to go Pax's room. But after knocking three times I noticed she wasn't in the room. But her car was outside...?

"Hey! What are you doing here?″ Someone asked. I turned around to see her friend Alexis standing here, looking at me with a scrawl. I never understood what pissed her up most, me or Max.

"I'm here to talk to Pax. But she's not-" She cut me off rudely. "She's in the gym, basement."

"Ok," I muttered and she opened her mouth to make a smart ass reply but was cut off as Max walked up.

"What's up, dude?" He asked looking the both of us. Alexis's face instantly calmed down seeing Max.

Well...now it's me who pisses her off most, good job, dude. I wanted to pat on my shoulder but stopped from doing so. I'd look more stupid than they actually thought of me.

"I was just leaving." Without waiting for a reply I walked down faster to the basement. Honestly? Even after staying here for more than a month Alexis creeped me out. Her face always hardened when she saw me. So I've realized it's better if I keep my distance from her.

Walking down the basement my mind started to go crazy as I noticed it was full of equipment anyone wants in a military. Sometimes I'm afraid if they actually are the persons they say. I mean, Paxton has been in a lot of fight ever since I met her. Her twin does graffiti's and runs from cops on occasions. Her three best friends are involved in street racing and fights. Her older sister is a liar and not to mention her that cheating ex-boyfriend who likes to get on my nerves.

Shivering at the thought, I walked closer to the door. The door was open so I noticed Pax slammed her fist into the punching bag yet again and watched as it shook and protested against the chains. Ouch! That must've hurt. Why she likes to feel so much pain, only God knows.

"Are you going to stand there and watch me bleed?" I turned to face a smirking Pax leaning on the wall across from me. I shook my head and took a sit on the bench. I called her to sit next to me. She interjected but I glared at her as she sat down on the benches.

"So why are you keep punching that thing?″ I asked as she mumbled something under her breath.

"What was that?" She smiled faintly and took my hands to her own.

"Where have you been?" She asked giving me a look that says tell the truth or I'm punching you in the face. Sighing I remembered what I was going to tell her.

"Well, I've good and bad news. Which news would you like to hear first?" 

She held her hands up in surrender. "Whichever you like."

"Ok then. Good news. I've been accepted to Princeton. I've just got the letter from my mom." I waited for her to say something but she just stared. Then as if a trance broke her face lightened up and she jumped into my lap kissing me.

"I'm so happy for you! It's been your dream right?" I nodded smiling along with her. I've studied hard only for this college and now I can proudly say I've succeeded. Even after hearing nerdy comments from the jocks, I'm the winner. But along the way, I've to know where she's been accepted. I can't stay without seeing her.

"But where are you going to college?" Her smile faltered slightly as she climbed down from my lap.

"I'm going to Ivy. Max and Alex are going there too." Shit! I didn't think of that before.

"I'm going to see you right?" I asked confused. What if she didn't want a long time relationship?

Her voice was deadly calm when she spoke, "Of course." Her face had an emotion I never felt before. It was so different than her usual calm face.