18: 'accidentally' punching it

just wanted to say before the chapter how much I appreciate all of you reading this book! Its literally my first decently written book in a while and I'm so happy to be able to share it with all you amazing people!

♥♥♥

Jack's POV

Fuck. Tear. Fuck. Another Tear. GOD FUCKING DAMMIT. Then, a hole in the wall from me 'accidentally' punching it.

I'm Jack Winter's, I don't have feelings.

I play with girls feelings.

How can someone like me, without a heart, have one so 'broken'.

Not by her. From afar she looks so ordinary, but up close she's almost iridescent. Happiness radiates off of her yet she's so sad inside.

I hold back every day from not going to her house and beating Ryder's ass. She would hate me, well she already does.

This has never happened before, usually the girl would catch feelings too quick but surprisingly it was me.

Cassie was angry with Maddison for what she said but I wasn't. She was right, and that's what scared me. Everything she said was true.

I walked out of my room, it was late so Feb was sleeping and Cas had already left.

I entered the kitchen to find my dad sat on a chair.

"You know, I saw that girl crying. You'll never change will you?" My dad spoke looking up from his work. I took a seat across from him

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?" I growled. I never liked my father, the way he said things or looked at you even gave you an unsettling feeling.

"Being a player, Jack Samuel Winters." He spoke looking my in the eyes.

"Weren't you once a player yourself? You know before you met mom." I laughed bitterly.

"Let me tell you a story, Jack." I nodded for him to continue " When I was sixteen I got a woman pregnant, obviously I wasn't ready for a child so I left her. Although I love your mother and our family, I regret that choice deeply. And that's what being a player gets you into, I'm just looking out for you soon because I learned the hard way"

"Does mom know?" My eyes closed and jaw tensed, waiting for an answer.

"Yes." He said to my surprise

"Where is the kid?" I asked curiously

"I think the girl put him up for adoption, only know the name" Isn't someone I know adopted?

"What's his name?" I asked on the edge of my seat

"Ryder. Why?"

♥♥♥

HOLLYYYYYYYYY FRRRREEEAAAAKKKKIIIINNNNGGGGGG SSSSSHHHHHIIITTTTTTT. R U FRREAAAKKIIINNNGGG OUT RN?

stay classy peasents-peachy♥