His fingers ghosted around her back, as he struggled to gain his composure. Anger, desperation, grief and fear began to consume his body, as he continued to patch up her wounds. He had no clue what he was doing, but stopping the bleeding was always right.  Right?

Maddox stood above Ava, as she lay limp on the small bed, her skin powder white and covered in a thin sheen of sweat. Her usually rosy cheeks had lost all their color and Maddox prayed she survived her wounds.

Just the thought of her not surviving, made Maddox's heart drop to his stomach. He couldn't live without her now that they had finally gotten somewhere. Being together with your mate wasn't supposed to be this hard.

And if Maddox found out that Sebastian was behind this attack, the boy would be a head shorter.

*

"Call your uncle, tell him it's code red. Tell Roman to hold an emergency pack meeting, he'll know what to do. I want you to wait with Sawyer for Levi to arrive. And make sure Maddox doesn't kill anyone before I get there."

Silas nodded, holding the phone between him and Sawyer as the listened to their fathers orders. "Don't worry dad, will catch the bitch who did this."

"We love you, we'll be there as soon as we can." Remy said before, hanging up on the boys.

"I'll call uncle Levi. You call Roman and get as many pack members together as you can." Sawyer told his twin, before pulling out his own phone as he hurried in the direction of Ava's scent.

Standing before the hospital unit, Sawyer dialed Levi's number. After the second try Sawyer was ready to throw his phone against the wall, just when Levi picked up.

Sawyer made quick work to inform Levi about the situation.

"Let me talk to Maddox." Levi rushed out, fumbling to get dressed.

Sawyer ran into the hospital room, practically throwing the phone at Maddox, as soon as he seen him.

"What?!" Maddox answered the phone, while watching closely as the pack doctor treated Ava's wounds.

Sawyer left the room and sniffed out the scent of his twin brother. Spotting his brother in the crowded group room of the pack house, he pushed his way over. The pack members were whispering amongst each other with worried expressions on their faces.

"Roman's holding a meeting in five." Silas said as soon as he met his brothers eyes.

"She'll be fine." Sawyer tried assuring his brother, when he seen the uncertainty and worry in Silas's pale blue eyes.

"I hope your right."  Sawyer hoped so too.

**

After the pack meeting, the Monroe family was gathered in Ava's new and private hospital room. Remy and Genevieve in the forefront, as Roman, Silas and Sawyer settled for the tiny couch across from the bed.  Maddox stood off to the side, muscles tense as he listened to Levi and Mike inform them about Ava's condition.

"... That's what's causing the tattoo like swirls on her skin, it's the poison spreading in her body. We are not sure what will happen once it reaches her heart, but we're trying not to let it get there. Right now she's as stable as she can be with the poison in her body and will have to see what happens over night."

As much as Maddox wanted to stay by Ava's side, he quietly snuck out of the room. He couldn't do it. He couldn't sit in a room with Ava's family and pretend he wasn't her mate. He wanted to hold Ava's hand and whisper to her that everything was going to okay. That she was strong enough to fight the poison and awake from her coma induced state.

Walking into the empty kitchen, Maddox leaned against the counter and tried to regain his composure. Just as he was ready to go back in Ava's room, her phone began to vibrate in the back pocket of his jeans. She had left it up in the tree house.

"Hello?" Maddox answered quietly, his nerves completely shot.

Harsh breathing was heard over the line before it went dead.

___________

I'm not really happy with this chapter because I can't write rushed-drama scenes well.

Who do you think did it?

Where do you think the story is going?

Almost everybody said it was Sebastian. Is he not too sweet for something like shooting Ava in the back?

Fast update so reward me with awesome comments! :D

Votes: 260 & Comments: 150