Ch.37 Wolves In The Night

Did she lie and wait
Was I bait, to pull you in
The thrill of the kill
You feel, is a sin
I lay with the wolves
Alone, it seems
I thought I was part of you

...

Eyes turning dark and the sexy smile dropping from his pale face, he looked at Genevieve. "Where did you find them?"

Genevieve looked up at him, her brown eyes turning into slits as she tried to give him her angriest face. "Does it matter?"

"You should have never even knew about them." Remy looked away.

The waves crashed on the beach loudly, the quit laughter of Mary Jane could be heard as she played with Beau in the distance.

"Too bad, Remy. I know about them. I found an envelope on our doorstep this morning." Genevieve stepped in front of him, placing a small hand on his chest. "Were you ever going to tell me?"

Remy looked down at his mate, his grey eyes softening at the sight of his disappointed mate. "You don't need the stress right now."

Genevieve smiled softly, placing Remy's rough hand on her baby bump. "She's fine and so am I. You are stressing yourself out, Remy."

Remy rubbed her belly, using his other hand to tilt her head up as he leaned down, capturing her lips in a soft kiss. "I just want you two to be okay. You've been floating on cloud nine ever since  that doctors appointment two weeks ago.  You've been so happy. Are you not scared, worried or exhausted at least?"

Genevieve chuckled, placing her hand over Remy's heart. "I'm perfectly fine. I haven't even had any morning sickness or anything.  Being pregnant is beautiful."

"You're beautiful." Remy leaned in again for another kiss, just to be pushed back lightly by Genevieve.

"Remy, don't you trust me? Just like I want you to share the good things with me, I also want the bad things. I want you to feel like you can trust me with anything. If we are in danger I want to know, I need  to know." 

"I'm your mate, I'm here to protect you.  You shouldn't ever be in danger and I don't need you stressing over childish threats." Remy said, his voice laced with finality.

Genevieve ignored his comment, and decided she didn't want them fighting. "You know Lily's behind it, right?"

"I do, and I took care of it today."  Remy checked on MJ and Beau, as he continued to walk along the beach with Genevieve. "She got the message loud and clear and if she didn't ... well let's just say Levi's family will be holding an exile for her."

"An exile won't keep her away." Lily was a god forsaken witch, not an obedient elementary child.

"It will, if death's the punishment." Remy reassured Genevieve, gently pulling her close again.

Genevieve looked up at her sexy beast, an almost excited smile on her face. "Well what did you tell her? How did you tell her? Don't leave out any details."

Remy chuckled and pecked her warm flushed cheek.

..

"Fuck, Lily. I warned you once,  to stay  the hell away from us." Remy growled, close to laying his hands on her, but he held himself back.

"I can't Remy!" Lily glared back, tears welling up in her brown eyes.  "I tried, I can't"

"Why the fuck not?! Why is it impossible for you to leave me and my family alone?" Remy barked, his jaw clenched, eyes appearing completely black.