Ch.4 Ava's Mate

// The lyrics below are beautiful and so fitting for the flashback in this chapter <3 //

We keep this love in a photograph

We made these memories for ourselves

Where our eyes are never closing

Hearts are never broken

Times forever frozen still

________

Ava blinked her eyes, peaceful  sleep still deep in her system, as she yawned  and her eyes connected with deep brown ones.

"Sebastian, what are you doing in he-"

Sebastian leaped towards Ava, his hand firmly pressed against her lips and his eyes portraying fear. With his toned legs, he straddled his girlfriend as she lay beneath him, her eyebrows furrowed.

"Shh, you are going to wake him up!" Sebastian whispered with urgency, his voice rough but not from sleep.

Ava darted her tongue out, almost like a child and licked Sebastian's hand that covered her mouth. He snatched his hand away, a grimace on his handsome face.

"Who?" Ava asked quietly, adjusting her body under Sebastian's weight.

Sebastian gave her a pointed look, making the girl roll her violet eyes.

"Are still scared of my dad?" Ava wrapped her arms around Sebastian's neck, bringing their faces closer, just inches from another.

"He did threaten my family jewels."

Not only did Remy threaten Sebastian's manly parts, he put pure fear in the teenage boy. When time for bed rolled around, Remy was happy to guide Sebastian to the living room couch, handing him a blanket and a pillow. Remy himself had joined Sebastian in the living room, fangs displayed and beady black eyes as he leaned back on the single sofa.  No words had been spoken, but the quiet "goodnight" from Sebastian.

The boy wasn't sure how many hours had passed before he finally fell asleep, but he was glad the man wasn't there when he awoke.

"It won't be that bad. Maddox is back and that should keep him busy for the meantime." Ava said, hoping her words were true.

"Do you think your dad is awake?" Sebastian asked, before kissing her neck softly.

"You wouldn't be here, if he is. " Ava had her hands in Sebastian's dark hair, her eyes closed as she tried to block out any thoughts of her father.

Sebastian was reassured and continued to kiss on his girlfriend, her collar bones, her neck, her rosy cheeks and finally the red lips he desired. Their lips connected and the kiss was sweet and slow. They definitely had chemistry and that was something that gave Sebastian and Ava more hope that they were  possibly mates.

With Ava's super hearing she could hear her family downstairs, bedroom doors opening and closing, quiet spoken words and the old coffee machine in the process of making her dads coffee.

Sighing quietly, Ava gently pushed Sebastian off of her, lips slightly swollen. "Everyone is up."

Sebastian situated his pajama pants, and stood from her bed. "I think I should go back downstairs."

"I'll go with you, I just need to jump in the shower real quick." Ava pulled clothes from her closet, before pecking Sebastian on the cheek.

"Hey, what's that black box up there?" Sebastian was already pulling the box from the top of the closet, when Ava rushed over to him.