Forty-three ➵ S. H

Start from the beginning

I couldn't believe my eyes as soon as I had read it. She got accepted into a school- in New York? And didn't tell
me?
I couldn't believe what I was processing in my mind.
She would be gone for a year.
I couldn't believe she didn't tell me this. I noticed in the corner this was dated back in April. Also, this was supposed to be sent back by a confirmation letter by then as well.
She's been hiding this from me for two whole months, and never told me.
Once she stepped out of the bathroom, her hair was soaking wet. She dried it the best she could with her towel, but then turned her attention away from trying to dry it.
Her eyes focused on how I was gestured and positioned in on the bed.
With the letter scattered right in front of me.
She rested on the bed beside me, but didn't come to meet with my face.
"You read it didn't you." She muttered.
I scooted closer to her, trying to get her to face me. The attempt failed, but what mattered to me right now was some answers.
"How could you have not told me about this?" It was all I could choke out.
"Maybe it hurt me inside of how you would react. Maybe I wasn't going to accept this opportunity cause I didn't wanna lose you."
"You still could of told me. Now look where we are. We have one final decision that could impact our fate in this relationship." I pointed out to her.
"I know, I just couldn't."
"What is a relationship where we keep secrets from each other?" I whispered.
"What?" She mumbled.
I sat there, biting my lip and thinking in discontent. I needed time to think.
"I'm leaving." I informed her, getting my leather jacket from the bed.
"Shawn?"
"I don't wanna hear it right now." I mumbled.
I ignored her, heading out the door. Before I left the motel fully, I stood there for a moment.
Then I was gone.
:::
I walked around the entire neighborhood at night, only until I realized there was one person I should go to.
One person so wise, and had much more of an experience in this world. 
I stood at the doorstep of Mr. Feeny's, knocking on his door only until he opened it.
"Mr. Hunter, well, nice to see you here. 10:00 at night."
"It's 10:00?" I asked, shocked.
"Yes. Pardon me. What brings you here so late at this time of night?"
"I just, had a problem I'm facing right now and I don't know who to go to. Everything is just so messed up." I stated.
"I see," he observed, "come with me."
We came to his backyard, and I placed a seat next to him on the chairs outside.
"Are you hungry Mr. Hunter?" He wondered.
"No, I'm not," I assured him,"I ate."
Although it had been a lie, I wasn't so hungry. So much filtered throughout my entire mind. I wished I could get rid of these thoughts.
"Alright then, what's going on?"
Mr. Feeny propped himself in the chair, positioning himself to where he was interested in hearing what I had to say.
"Jasmine, she got this one lifetime offer in New York and I don't know what to do. I have no where to go, and I am just so frustrated with everything right now. Now Jasmine too. She has hid this from me for two months. I'm mad at her, but I don't know if I should be. Should I Mr. Feeny?" It was a long and vengeful rant, yes. But it was bottled up I had to cope it out.
"Well, I don't think you should."
"Why not? She kept it from me all this time." I mumbled.
"Do you love miss Clayton, Mr. Hunter?"
"Yeah, I do. A lot. Why?" I questioned him.
"Let her go."
"Huh?" I wondered.
"Let her go. This would be a great chance for her. And from what she's told me, about her aunt, she could have a chance to reconnect with the only family she has in her life now. If you love her so much, you have to let her go."
His advice had struck me. Letting her go would be the worse thing to do.
I knew he was right.
"I don't think I could do that." I choked out. I felt a tear stream down my face, surprising me a little.
I never cried.
"Why not?"
"I already lost my parents. I don't know what I would do if I lost her too." I murmured.
"You wouldn't lose her forever. If it's meant to be, between you two, then she'll come back. How long is she going to be gone for?"
"A year." I told him.
Placing his glasses into place, he sat up, positioning himself again.
"If your love is that strong and cherishing, it won't fall apart. I reassure you."
"Have you ever fallen in love Mr. Feeny?" I asked him.
He was silent for a moment, furrowing his eyebrows.
"Why, yes. Yes I have."
Thinking about what he said, I stood back up.
"I think I got it all Mr. Feeny." I pointed out to him.
"Well I'm glad. And Mr. Hunter. I know it'll work out for you and Jasmine, just you wait." He promised. I couldn't help but smile.
"Thanks again." I said.
It was time to get this all figured out.
The next place to go to was right next door to me. Which was the Matthew's.
I knocked on their backdoor, which Cory answered in time.
"Hey Shawn, you okay?"
I could tell he looked as if he was about to go to bed. He was dressed in a pair of sweats and a random red t-shirt.
"I'm okay. I'm not staying by myself anymore, nor is Jas. I'm moving in with Turner." I decided fatefully. Cory right away grinned.
"Yay! That's fantastic Shawn. Did you just move in? What about Jasmine?"
"She's not staying with me."
Abruptly, his smile faded from his face.
"Why not?" He asked.
"Did you read the letter?"
"Yeah," he admitted,"is she going to New York?"
"Yeah, possibly. I don't wanna let her go though, Cor."
"I know. Is she still at the motel?" He asked.
"Crap. The motel! Come with me."
:::
We headed over to the motel room to find no trace of her or even Chip.
"Jas?" I asked, frantic. Suddenly I found a note from her, which read:
Shawn,
I went to Topanga's.
I understand why you are mad at me, and probably don't wanna talk to me right now. So I'm staying over there.
If you want to, head over here if you wanna talk.
Jasmine.
I noticed her belongings were gone too, so she must be at Topanga's.
:::
Once we made it to Topanga's, I climbed up to her window with Cory right behind me.
"You know, I don't get how you can climb, ya spider monkey." He states.
"Years of practice, Cor."
I didn't turn to look back over as I was focused on climbing through the window. When we made it to the top, I knocked on her door frantically only to have it opened by Topanga.
"Oh, hey Shawn." She greeted.
"Can I come in? I need to talk to Jasmine." I said to her.
Surprisingly she allowed me in and I only found Jasmine sitting on her bed.
Her eyes widened when she saw me.
"You came?"
I headed over to her and got a hold of her hand.
"You should go."
"Huh?" She questioned, raising an eyebrow in confusion.
"Go to New York. You deserve that opportunity Jas."
"But I don't know if I want to." She said, fiddling with the hem of my shirt as she leaned closer to me. Our foreheads peeked against each other, standing in silence.
"You need to. This will be good for you. For me as well. I just want you to be happy. I don't want you to regret on this decision because of me. You deserve all of the happiness you can receive. You can be close with your aunt again. This will be good for you." I explained to her, but she still wasn't understanding of this.
"I don't wanna lose you. Where would you go Shawn? What about us?"
"We'll be okay. We can write every day. With how strong our love is, it'll be strong and powerful anywhere. You know how much I love you, which it's all endless." I replied to her.
Her eyes began to water as she pulled me into a hug. She was crying deep into my chest, some of her tears staining my shirt.
"I would miss you so much."
"I would miss you too." I said to her.
We hugged each other for the longest time, as if the world stopped and time froze. As if it was destined to freeze just like that.
I pulled away from her so that way I could elope this moment with a tender, passionate kiss to conceal the night. Then I said the last words:
"Jasmine Grace Clayton, I will always love you no matter what happens. I don't care if you're on the other side of the state, in another country, or on the other side of the equator for some reason. I love you and always will."
❤︎
:::
Author's Note:
Omg.
I'm almost done with this.
I have big announcements to share after I get done with this.
Last part will be here soon </3