Twenty-four ➵ multipov

Jasmine
Four days until my birthday.
My birthday was coming up soon. The 14th of November was when it was, and it was on a Friday this year.
Shawn says he's going to plan something special for me, but I didn't want him to do much. He's done a lot for me already.

Shawn
It was four days til Jasmine's birthday.
I already had the perfect plan to make Jasmine's birthday the greatest for her.
I know she has never really had a birthday party before since she says she never had any friends back at home, but she did say the only person she's spend her birthdays wish was with her Aunt.
And now?
She was going to have friends and an actual family to enjoy it.
Today after school I asked Cory if I could hang out at his place along with Topanga and her friends.
"Well sure. What for?" Cory asked, dumb founded at first.
"It's for Jasmine. We need to plan a secret surprise for her at Chubbie's." I informed him, and he nodded, understanding at last.
Just in time Topanga came. It was a perfect time to plan after school, since Jasmine had a project to work on for History class.
"Hey Shawn. What's up? Aren't we going to meet at Cory's house today?" Topanga asked, making sure we were set with our plan.
"Yes. Jasmine wanted to hang out today but she wants to finish her history project after school. So it's perfect timing." I responded to her.
"I think this is a really sweet thing to do for you Shawn. Especially with what she's probably been through for her previous birthdays." Topanga said, admiring my idea.
"I agree with that. You're the best thing that's happened to her Shawn. Everyone knows that too." Cory added, and I smiled.
"Thanks guys. Now remember: Cory's house. His bedroom. And invite Trinie along with Dawn too since they are considered Jasmine's friends as well. I want this party to go exactly perfectly right for her at all times."
The bell rang, and we headed to our classes. Since Jasmine still had first hour to attend to today, she was in my class sitting next to me as usual.
We gazed at each other for a while, and I couldn't help but establish a grin. I was busy planning out all of the party through my entire head. The food, the people, and mostly importantly; my gift for Jasmine. I didn't have the money for it, and I knew I had to think of something quick.
Then that's when I instantly thought of Uncle Mike. His bike shop- that's it!
This was going to be great for Jasmine.
I just knew it.
:::
After school I met with Cory, Topanga, Dawn, and Trinie at Cory's place.
"What are you exactly planning on doing Shawn? Where would you have the birthday party at? Plus, who's all going?" Topanga asked, blabbering too many questions like she always did.
"Well, for one I was thinking Chubbie's. It's big enough, and all I have to do is talk to Chubbie. I'm pretty close with him so, yeah. But I was thinking like a lot of people from our grade could come and such, there could be a band to play some songs or a Dj. Then there could be gifts given to her at the middle point, and afterwards we could continue to party until we are a little tired. I just want to make it special for Jasmine as possible. I know she's turning 14, but still. You know she didn't have great birthdays to celebrate in her past life." I explained.
"Ooh yes! I have the perfect gift idea for Jasmine: a life supply of bubblegum. Bubblegum is the definition of a true gift in my opinion." Trinie agreed as she smacked her lips as she was chewing hard on her gum. She blew a big bubble, blowing hard into her face, but she put the gum back in with her tongue. I hated when she did that, the popping sound bothered me so much.
"I don't honestly think that would be w great gift Trinie. How about you just buy her an outfit, or nail polish?" I suggested to her, declining her idea. I highly doubt Jasmine would want a life supply of bubblegum.
"What's so great about nail polish? It doesn't even last," Trinie disagreed, then getting her gum out of her mouth,"ew this doesn't have flavor to it anymore. I need a new piece!"
She basically just proved that her idea was hypocritical when she did that. I rolled my eyes at her and turned my attention to Topanga.
"What about you Topanga? You're her best friend. Do you have any gift ideas in mind?" I asked her, and she nodded.
"My father is musical you know, so I'm thinking of having me take me over to a music shop and buy her a new song book. I know she uses a small journal and thought she could use an actual songbook." Topanga responded.
"Good idea. And you are in charge of the balloons, is that okay?" I asked her, making sure she was okay with that position.
"Of course. I'll get them in her favorite colors too, baby blue, lavender, and mint green." Topanga decided.
"How about you Dawn?" I asked her.
"Well I was thinking I could get the cake and the food, since you know, I LOVE food." Dawn pronounced.
"Okay, great. How about you Cor?" I asked him.
"I was thinking I could help with being the Dj and work on the music for the party." Cory suggested, and I nodded.
"Great position. Okay, and everyone, remember: we have got to get reasonable gifts. And by reasonable, I don't mean bubblegum." I strictly responded, my eyes glancing at Trinie.
"Fine. I'll buy her an outfit and nail polish if that makes you happy." She scoffed, crossing her arms.
"Thanks. Sorry if this will stress you out, but I just think Jasmine deserves this, you know?" I said, and Cory patted me on the back.
"You're a wonderful boyfriend for her Shawn. You do the best you can and I promise you she's going to love what you're doing for her. I just know it buddy." Cory predicted, and I smiled slyly.
"Thank you man." I acknowledged him.
:::
Cory
I wasn't so sure what to get Jasmine for her birthday. I was a guy, she was a girl. I was her best friend yes, but what would I get her as a gift? Maybe Mom could help since she was a woman.
The next day after coming home from school luckily mom was in the kitchen. She appeared to be putting groceries away, stuffing some into the cabinets and fridge depending on what the item was.
"Hey mom, may I ask you something?" I asked, fidgeting with my fingers.
"Sure Hun, after you help me with putting these last few groceries away." Mom ordered me, and I groaned, but I knew they had to be done anyway.
I kneeled down then reached in to grab a random food item out of the paper brown colored bag. I put it into the cabinets and cupboards where it was supposed to be, making it quicker for the task to be done.
Once we were finished, mom sat down at the dining table and gestured for me to sit across from her.
"Okay, what's your question Cor?" She asked me.
"You know Jasmine right?"
"Of course, Shawn's girlfriend?"
"Yes. Her," I answered,"it's just, Shawn is planning on throwing this party for her on Friday. She's never had a really good birthday in the past, so he kind of wants to make it up to her. So, I just need help with buying a gift for her, and I don't know what to buy. Since you know, you're a woman and know this stuff."
Mom rolled her eyes but smiled.
"You know what, I have to go back to the store. I did forget eggs, so let's go back. We can go ahead and search for a gift there. Sound good?" She asked me, and I nodded in response.
:::
We headed to the store like mom said we would, and after mom added a carton of eggs into the shopping cart, we searched for a gift for Jasmine.
"How about jewelry? Like earrings?" Mom pointed out to the jewelry section. I browsed, and found a pair of heart earrings. I thought about getting her a new outfit too to complete the look, so I  found a gray sweater and light blue jeans, with a pair of black Chuck Taylor's that were cheap.
"Is that good?" My mom asked, unsure if that was enough. Since my mom absolutely loved Jasmine, she decided to get her dress along with it.
"Okay, that should be good." I claimed at last. Now all I had to do was order a Dj.
:::
Topanga
My dad took me out to the music shop, Music Go Round up North of Philadelphia. I had the perfect idea for Jasmine's birthday present.
I searched for the songbooks section of the studio, while my dad was searching for new guitars for himself.
I looked at most of them and all were a bit too plain for me; some were old, brown, and antique looking. I needed something modern, something that spelled out Jasmine's name. As I was flipping through the songbooks, I was about to give up. These were all the same!
Then suddenly, I found something that caught my eye. I came across a songbook with collages of sunsets and different colored skies for the cover. It also had her name engraved on it as well, in a cursive font.
That's what she needed.
I decided to go ahead and get it, then headed to my dad who was gazing at the newly bought guitars they had. Once he caught a glimpse at me he quickly turned his attention to me, his focus fading from the guitars.
"You ready Tippy?" He asked me.
I nodded, and went to the cash register. I remembered the client- Paul-he is one of my dad's friends he often performs with him at concerts, whether it was talent shows or whatever: they always performed together.
After I purchased the songbook for Jasmine, I went to a regular store and purchased pink wrapping paper. I wrapped Jasmine's gift and taped on a silver shiny bow to it. I grabbed a permanent marker and wrote on the front of the present long with the bow that was to the corner of it:
To: Jasmine
From: Topanga
Happy Birthday
I was officially done with her gift.
Now all I had to get was the balloons for the party.
:::
Shawn
The day after we established the planning for Jasmine's birthday was when I asked my uncle Mike if I could work a couple shifts for a couple of days at his job. He often fixed motorcycles and had me, since I was his favorite nephew, to lend him a hand sometimes; I even got paid some cash.
"I'd be glad to have you work for me again Shawny. But why only for two days though?" My uncle Mike asked, scratching the top of his almost bald head.
"I want  to buy my girlfriend a birthday present. I need it by Thursday and I'm throwing her a big surprise party on Friday." I informed him, and Uncle Mike patted me on the back praising me.
"You're a good boyfriend Shawny. Who's the girl?"
"Her name is Jasmine." I responded to him.
"Isn't she staying with you?" Uncle Mike asked me.
"Yeah, she is. How did you know?" I wondered, a little suspicious.
"Word gets around in the trailer park...." His voice trailed off. My heart pounded fast. Did Eddie say something?
"Nah I'm just teasing ya! Your father told me. She should definitely meet the Hunters. I heard lots of great stuff about her." Uncle Mike responded.
"She's wonderful- smart, beautiful, and has this amazing voice. She absolutely loves to sing too." I confirmed.
"I can't wait to meet her."
:::
Jasmine would often get suspicious of my late whereabouts. She was nearly finished with her project for History class, so that hinted for me that I needed to check up on the birthday planning.
When it was Thursday at last, my Uncle paid me about $150.
"You are a hard worker Shawny. You don't deserve little. You deserve more. Now go: get your girlfriend a little something." He insisted. I nodded and rushed out of the store. I was still in my work clothes so that meant I couldn't let Jasmine see me.
The first thing I did was head to the jewelry store. Once I arrived, I was looking for the necklaces.
"How much does it cost for a necklace?" I asked the worker, who was wiping up some of the jewelry and putting it back inside the glass case. He glanced up, and headed to me.
"Depends. It's right here by the way." He pointed to the necklace section. I looked at the necklaces, which some were $70. I browsed at some until I found one that was perfect for Jasmine.
I found a silver sparkly heart necklace, which engraved on it was the word love. This was perfect.
It costed $125, so that meant I was able to buy her a small gift box for it too.
"I want to buy this one." I told the worker. He came and unlocked the glass shelf that contained the necklaces, then picking out the one I wanted. I handed him the money and confirmed the purchase.
After I bought a small gift box and wrapped it, I held onto it for dear life the entire way home. Now all I had to do was wait for Jasmine's party tomorrow.
:::
Jasmine
Friday morning
I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock going off, not to mention the sounds of streamers  being blown off.
"Happy birthday!" I sat up and found Shawn and his parents wishing me a happy birthday. Shawn's mom handed me a plate with a stack of pancakes equipped and layered in white cake icing along with rainbow colored sprinkles.
"It's your birthday breakfast! There's a chocolate cake ready for you too when you get home." His mom informed me, and I just smiled.
"We did get you a gift." His dad says, pulling out from behind his back a red poorly wrapped present. He handed it to me and I began to unwrap it, revealing a new pair of combat boots in a taupe color.
"Thank you." I acknowledged them, and they just smiled in response.
"Now go eat your birthday breakfast and get ready." His mom persisted, and stuffed the birthday pancakes into my mouth. And it was delicious.
:::
Topanga
Friday afternoon at Chubbie's.
"Balloons, check. All the invites were sent, check. Gifts, still pending. Food, already served. Dj, check." I said as I was reading off the list. Shawn was reading it thoroughly as well.
"First things first, what did you guys get? I know there's more to come, but mainly what about you?" Shawn asked.
"I got her a songbook with her name engraved on it." I answered.
"A brand new outfit." Cory responded.
"Same here. I did buy her a new outfit as well. And I got her a pack of gum. Not a life supply of gum like you were complaining about." Trinie reminded.
"I got a matching pizza slice bracelet for her. I have one myself and have two for Trinie and Topanga, but now Jasmine now has one." Dawn informed. The three of us held out our wrists to Shawn what it looked like. He nodded, and then began to smirk.
"My gift was a heart necklace for Jasmine. I can't wait for you guys to see it." Shawn states.
Since everything was all set up, it was now time for the guests to arrive; and one by one they began to arrive, transiting into bigger groups. After everyone showed up, Shawn got up and was getting ready to leave.
"Alright, I'm going to go get Jasmine. Now at around 7:45, tell everyone to hide and turn the lights off. Once you hear footsteps and our voices, signal everyone to shout surprise. Got it?" Shawn asked me. I glanced at the clock- it read 7:25.
"Got it!" I confirmed, and he rushed up the stairs.
:::
Shawn
I ran as fast as I could to the trailer park, heading to Jasmine. For the excuse I made, I told her I was taking her to Chubbie's for a special date for her birthday. Little did she know it was actually a surprise party.
Once I headed inside, she was nowhere to be seen.
"Jasmine?" I asked her, searching for her.
"I'm right here." I looked up to see Jasmine walking out of the entrance of the hallway. She wore a black sparkly dress with thin straps, and a pair of black flats with it. Her hair was wavy, and she wore a little bit of makeup, mostly at her eyes. I stood there in awe, as she reached for my hand.
"J-Jasmine, you look... Gorgeous." I was speechless. The way she did her cheekbones with the small amount of blush she put on really showed her complexion. Her eyes sparkled under the single layer of eyeshadow, and batted her long eyelashes at me.
"Thank you. Are you ready to go?" She asked me.
"Yes. Yes I am. Let's go."
:::
Once we arrived at Chubbie's, heading inside, Jasmine was clueless as to why the lights were off while we were heading downstairs, only until:
"SURPRISE!"
The lights turned on at last, revealing all of the people from school that were invited on the guest list.
"What's this?" Jasmine asked, flabbergasted by how many people were here.
"A surprise party for you, and it was all Shawn's idea." Topanga says, giving me credit.
"Yeah," Trinie came too, smacking her lips as she chewed on her gum, causing me to cringe,"it was."
Jasmine looked around at all the people, then turned her attention to me.
"Thank you." She says to me, then surprising me with a hug.
Everyone cheered at the moment we just shared until she pulled away.
"Now let's party!" Cory exclaimed.
:::
Jasmine
I honestly couldn't believe it.
A surprise party for me?
I can't believe at how much Shawn went through for this. I was hanging out with him towards the back, trying to be alone together.
"So you enjoying your birthday bash?" Shawn asked me with a smirk, wrapping his arms around my waist.
"Yes, yes I do," I said to him, wrapping mine around his neck,"thank you."
I pulled him closer to me, pressing my lips against his, kissing him basically.
He pulled away, but still held me.
"Let's go dance." Shawn insisted, pulling me to back towards the dance floor and we danced to Rock the Casbah by The Clash.
There were different spotlights pointing everywhere in multicolors, it was insane. There were tons of balloons in my favorite colors as well, being from baby blue, lavender purple, and mint green. For food there was nachos, bean dip, punch, pizza, fries, and cheeseburgers even. After a while, my feet were killing me from the dancing, so I went to go sit down at a booth to rest.
"You ready for your presents?" Shawn asked me, sitting down next to me.
"Presents? Sure. This party is very big Shawn, I appreciate it, but you didn't have to throw it for me. Really." I persisted but he shook his head no in disagreement.
"No, of course I did. I wanted to make your birthday special this year." He insisted, grabbing a hold of both my hands.
"Thank you." I acknowledged him, and he kissed me quick, until he stood up.
He pulled me to the Dj, getting him to pause the music for just one second.
"Excuse me everyone," Shawn says into the microphone," it's time for Jasmine to open some of her presents. It's not a whole lot I see but thank you for those you bought her a gift. I promise we'll get back to the dancing very soon. I promise."
Everyone stopped and waited patiently for me to open my presents. I decided to open the first present nearby, which was a new outfit. The other presents were either new outfits, nail polish, makeup, jewelry, or even just a card with cash. Or just a card in general. Until I opened my last one.
It was from Topanga. I unraveled it and it revealed a songbook, with sunsets covers, with a pen inside it; it even had my name engraved on it. I headed to Topanga and went to hug her.
"Thank you so much Topanga. I love it." I thanked her.
"No problem. Promise me you'll write more songs." Topanga ordered, and I laughed.
"I promise." I replied.
I even got a friendship pizza bracelet that matched with Topanga, Trinie, and Dawn congruently.
I notice the gift I haven't gotten was from Shawn, who just smirked at me.
"Now we can go back to partying!" He exclaimed into the microphone, causing the crowd to go wild about it.
He suddenly gets a hold of my hand, leading me upstairs. He had lead me out of Chubbie's; we went to the entrance of it, where we'd be alone.
"I have something more special  for you.  That's why I didn't give you my gift right away." Shawn informed me, pulling something from out of his pocket. He handed me a small wrapped box, and I gazed at it.
"Open it." He insisted. I did as he says, unwrapping the tiny little box. I opened it, which beheld a necklace with a silver, glittery heart charm. Engraved, was the words love.
"Aww, I love this Shawn." I whispered to him, and I turned around, him putting the necklace around my neck. He pulled my hair out of the way so that way it wouldn't get caught in with the chain. After he hooked the back of the chain together, he planted a kiss on the side of my neck, sending my skin tingles since his lips were soft.
Sadly, we get interrupted when Cory came up.
"Oh my gosh Shawn! You won't believe it! There was a fight at the party! You have to come stop it." Cory informed us, panicking.
"Seriously? Ugh." Shawn sighed in disgust, and headed with Cory to go stop it. There I was, left alone. I knew Shawn would be back. I stood out here alone, holding on to my heart charm. I smiled at it, thankful and astonished that I finally had a great birthday.
I was about to come back, when an arm wrapped around my stomach, and another with their hand covering my mouth so I couldn't scream. I was suddenly pulled back, and I swore I passed out as I was starting to see pitch black.
❤︎
:::
Author's note: so aye this is my biggest chapter of the story yet!
I left it at a cliffhanger. I wonder who kidnapped Jas!
But anyway hope you loved this and in the pic above is most of the gifts Jasmine received ;)
P.S. Yes that's a binder but imagine it as a music notebook with Jasmine's name engraved on top of it.