"Rick told me you ain't doing runs anymore." He murmured as he continued messing with the crossbow on his lap.

I nodded, "Yeah, just not ready for them right now."

He looked up at me through the messy hair in his face, his eyebrows furrowed, "Why?"

"Why?" I asked confused, "Do you not remember what happened because of me? I could've gotten you killed on multiple occasions; I don't want to deal with that stress."

He shrugged in response, looking back down at the weapon in his lap.

I sighed, "Look, it's pretty clear that you don't want anything to do with me and I get it-"

"I didn't say that." He murmured, cutting me off.

"You didn't have to." I stated, "I can't do these practically life or death trips with someone I have no connection with at all because then one of us will end up dead."

"This group-- these people here," he said, sitting up, "They need supplies and you know how to get 'em."

I nodded slowly, "I just don't want to risk other people's lives."

"You're riskin' lives by giving up on these people, don't ya get that?"

"I'm not giving up on anyone!" I snapped back.

"Yeah? Sure as hell seems like it!"

I took a deep breath, not wanting to add more fuel to this raging fire, "Then what do you suggest I do, huh? Are you gonna be the one to volunteer your life to go on runs with someone who- who can barely defend her self, let alone another person?"

He stayed silent, messing around again with his crossbow.

"I get that you want me to go on runs for this group, and hell, I want to, but we both know that I could've gotten both of us killed today," I ranted on, "If- if it wasn't a walker that might have gotten you, it could've been me. I took a stupid chance that could've gotten you killed because I went back outside those walls when I clearly wasn't stable enough."

"We gotta take chances now; world ain't what it used to be." He mumbled.

I sighed, "Abrahams going to have someone help me get more comfortable with guns tomorrow and then.. I don't know, maybe I'll go on another run again with someone I actually trust."

He lifted his head to look at me, a confused look on his face, "Someone ya trust?"

I shook my head, letting out a small laugh, "Yeah, you know-- someone I've gotten to know, someone I work well with."

He scoffed, "Yeah, whatever."

I nodded, "Thanks for proving my point, Daryl."

He suddenly stood up, dropping his weapon to the wooden stairs beneath him, "What? What'd ya want from me, Princess? Want me to baby ya and tell ya everything gonna be fine? 'Cause it ain't!"

"I want you to stop being such an asshole and treating me like I'm not a person!" I argued back, "You want me to go on runs so bad? You're angry that I don't want to go with some hothead? Then be a decent human being and treat me as an equal; get to know me and understand why I'm having such a hard time with all of this, ok? Don't tell me that I'm just giving up when I'm doing everything I can to provide for strangers I met three days ago!"

He stayed silent once again as his harsh gaze continued to stick on me before the door to the house we were in front of opened, Rick standing on the other side, a concerned look on his face.

"Is everything alright out here?" He asked, stepping slightly onto the porch, "Daryl? Liz?"

I let out a quick breath, changing my focus from Daryl to Rick, "Yeah, I was just leaving."

He nodded, his questionable stare proving he didn't buy it though, "Michonne and I just finished making some dinner, you're welcome to join if you like."

"Thanks, but I already ate," I shook my head, "I'm just gonna head back to my place."

Rick nodded, "Well, I guess I'll see you tomorrow then."

I nodded back, shooting Daryl one last glance before turning around and walking back in the direction I came from.

_____
A little bit of drama between Liz and Daryl.. how do you think they'll resolve it?

Hope you guys have been liking some of the longer chapters I've been putting in; it's not intentional tho lmao it just kinda happens.