I had the door locked, curtains closed and the lights off. I wanted to be in the darkness for a while, I'll just watch videos on YouTube to pass time. Just anything to keep my mind off the incident and I don't want to run to everyone in the family having to explain the situation over and over. I'm just going to wait to talk to Uncle Lexis and then figure out a way to get home as soon as possible... if Ice or Uncle Ginot were here, I could have stayed with them. Better yet, if Dad and I had never gone to Detroit this wouldn't have happened at all...

I should have protested that he and I stay back in Oakland or urged him not to go in that creepy house. Dammit Dad... why didn't you see that that house looked so shady? I get it was a bando but still and I should have spoke up. Not let him go down that hall- I could have done so much more and instead I just took a seat in a chair and went along with everything.

~Yvonne P.O.V~

I would have stayed the whole night with Chris but they told me I needed to leave, visiting hours were up and I went back to the house that I share with Jamie. I wanted to go and tell his Mother but that wasn't my place to announce, if he wakes up and wants me to tell her then I gladly will but I don't want her freaking out. Especially since she already has her hands full with Christano.

"Good morning." Jamie said as she sat on the couch with her usual cup of straight black coffee. It smelled stronger than usual and I walked into the kitchen to open the window above the sink. "You're gonna let all the cold in." She teased lightheartedly.

"That smell is too strong for me. Need some air to clear out."

"Hard night? You sound off." She wasn't home when I showed up, she more likely spent her night out in the town with some of her other friends so I didn't get the chance to tell her the latest.

"Well Chris and Breezon are in the hospital. Last night wasn't the greatest night to say the least." I said as I reached for a banana from the little basket of them we had sitting atop the microwave. "They're my family and now they're in the hospital."

"What? Oh my God, what happened? Are they okay?" Alarmed, she sat up and set the coffee down on the table in front of her as I walked out of the kitchen peeling the banana to take a seat on the arm rest of the couch.

"Breezon was shot in the leg a couple times and I don't know everything of what happened to Chris. He wasn't waking up when I went to see him so I don't know much." That's the worst part on Chris' behalf, not knowing what was wrong with him and unsure if he'll even wake up. "He was left sitting kinda up, his eyes closed as if in a peaceful sleep but he didn't look good. Pale in the face and scratched up." I looked down at the banana and took a modest bite out of it, chewing slowly.

"I'm so sorry for all of that, Yvonne. I really am and am at a loss for words." She said reaching over to wrap her arms around my waist in the best possible hug she could achieve based on the way we were arranged on the couch. "You going to go see them today?"

"I hope they let me. Wasn't expecting any of this, you know? The evening before was like any other. I had Breezon for the day and dropped him off with Chris like usual. Next thing I know there's Chris on the phone telling me to come meet him nearby his place and he puts Breezon in the back saying to go to the hospital."

"I could only imagine that... I'm so sorry Yvonne.  If there's anything you need, please don't hesitate to ask."

"Thank you, Jamie. I just need the two of them home safe and sound." Finishing up the rest of the banana, I was left with the peel to throw away. "Do you have a morning class?" I asked when I got up from the arm rest to throw away the peel in the kitchen.

"Yes I do, why- Don't tell me."

"You're gonna be late, fifteen till it starts." Looking up to the living room, I saw her throw herself off the couch and run down the hall to her room. Knocking things over, pulling out drawers and everything else she usually does when she's running late for class. I'm not one to talk, I need to get myself ready to.