Chapter 8

Ezra's pov

I ran. I ran away from Kanan and further into the darkness. He was catching up to me. So I decided to hide until he left. I can't let him protect me. It will just cause more problems for him and everyone else. I'm not worth it. I'm just a street rat.

I just sit behind a bush and watch Kanan. "I won't let you do this!!!! I won't lose you!!!! Your like a.....son to me." He says and drops to the ground crying. Son? He really thinks of me as his son? No he's probably just lying again.

But I don't sense him lying, I sense his fear of losing me again. He truly thinks of me as a son. "Ezra if you are listening, I just want to say that I'm sorry. I'm sorry for having Alex after you. I'm sorry for not protecting you when you needed me. I should've taught you more, but I didn't and all this has happened. Please don't go with Alex. We will get out of here together. I do hate him haunting us, but I rather have that then lose you again." Kanan says and presses his hands on his face.

"I should've not left you alone before for you to be taken. If only I had paid more attention." He says sobbing. He was telling the truth that whole time. I can't leave him now. I do think of him more than my master, he's like a dad to me. Now I know that whatever happens, we will face it together, like father and son.

I then get out of my hiding place and kneel besides Kanan who is still sobbing. I put a hand on his shoulder. "It's ok Kanan, it wasn't your fault." I say. He removes his hands from his face and looks at me with shock. "Ezra!!! Your here!!!" He shouts.

"Kanan I'm sorry for running off. I just didn't want to put you and the crew in more danger." I say. That's when he embraces me in a hug. "Your here and not with Alex. That's all that matters to me." He says. I hold on to him never wanting to let go.

"Thanks for not giving up on me, like most people have done to me in the past." I say. We both then let go of each other. "No problem kid." He says. Ok good he didn't say a word about the people who have left me. We both then get up and go back to our long lasting walk to nowhere.

"Oh and we will talk about what you said when we get back home." Kanan says. Karabast. "Hello?" We hear a voice say. Thinking it was Alex, Kanan guards me. "Kanan? Ezra?" The voice sounds like........ "Rex?" I ask. "Ezra!!! Yes it's me!!!" "Rex how are you communicating with us?" Kanan asks.

"We found a way to open the portal and talk to you. Hurry!!! You must go through the portal!!!" "We just need to find it first." I say looking around. "Come on we don't have time to lose." Kanan says and he starts to run.  I follow him hoping he knows where he is going.

"Are you sure you know where your going?" I ask him still following him. "I'm using the force to find the portal." Kanan says. That's when we see the blinding light a few miles away. But it is guarded by spirits. But Kanan keeps running.

"Uhhh Kanan." I say worried about the spirits. "I'm not letting them get in our way." He says. That's when he uses the force to blow the spirits away. When we were about to go through the portal, we get blown away too. "Guys you have to stay close to each other to get through."

"Ezra hold my hand!!!!" Kanan shouts. Without hesitation, I grab onto his hand and a shield goes around us stopping the powerful wind. "We have an opening let's get out of here." He says. We start to go slowly till lightning hits our shield and breaks it making me get pulled away from Kanan.

Kanan's pov

"We have an opening let's get out of here." I tell Ezra and start to go to the portal. But then all of a sudden, lightning breaks our shield causing me to shake and fall to my knees. I immediately get up and realize Ezra isn't by my side.

"Ezra? Ezra?!?!?" I shout. I then see a giant creature with long arms with Ezra in his grasp, Alex has Ezra. "Kanan!!!!" Ezra shouts trying to get away from him. "Ezra!!!!" I shout reaching out to him. "I can't reach you!!!!" Ezra shouts. "Just a little bit further!!!" I shout.

I suddenly get the idea to do what I should've done awhile ago. I take out my light saber and throw it at Alex. It hits him and sends him flying away. "Ahhhh!!!!!" Alex shouts forming into dust. I smile knowing I finally defeated him. But my smile fades when Ezra starts to fly away too.

"Kanan!!!! Ahhhh!!!!! Kanan!!!!" Ezra shouts flying away. "Nooo!!!!" I shout trying to bring him back with the force. But Alex's spirits beat me to him and surround Ezra. A light gets formed in the sky and they bring him to it. Wait the light......Heaven. "Nooo!!! Ezra don't go!!!!" I shout.

But it's too late. They have already gone into the light. Ezra is gone.