Chapter 4

Kanan's pov

Note to self: When Ezra tells you that Zeb snores a lot, listen to him. I was planning on taking a small nap after keeping watch for an hour. But Zeb's snoring just kept me up. His snoring is like a tornado that just destroyed three houses. Yeah I'll just stay up.

Apparently Rex also woke up from it too. "Can't sleep because of...." I say pointing at Zeb. "Yeah, I don't know how Ezra is able to be in the same room with him every night." Rex says. I nod and look at Ezra. He looks peaceful when he sleeps. It's a shame he can't always look like that.

"How are you taking all of this?" He asks me. "I don't know. It just scares me what Alex has planned for him." I say. "What does he have planned for him?" I ask Rex. He was about to answer but he started to think about it more. "I honestly don't think he is trying to turn Ezra to the dark side." Rex says.

I give him a confused look. That's what most dark side users goal is for Jedi angels. "If it's not that, then why is he after him?" I ask. Rex was about to say something till we heard Ezra stir in his sleep. We both look back at him flutter his eyes open for a second but then goes back to sleep.

We both sigh. "All I know is, usually if the Jedi angels deny turning to the dark side, then the dark side users would kill them, right?" He asks me. I slowly nod. "So Ezra had to have said no. But Alex is still after him, and hasn't done anything harmful to him." He says.

I take a moment to think about this. He's not wrong. "Right now I really wish Ezra had his memories of what happened when he was with Alex." Rex says. "Well he got one back." I say. "Really was it anything useful to help us?" He asks me. "He said that Alex told him he was the light." I say.

"The light? Maybe because...." Rex starts off. "Maybe what?" I ask. "Do angels have the power to show people to the light?" He asks me. "Yeah many have guided those who were lost to a better life." I say. "So that light must be something that most people want to take in." He says. "What do you mean by that?" I ask him.

"That light is extremely powerful. It could probably satisfy many people who have lost their ways. Such as Alex." He says. My eyes widen. "So that mea-" Rex cuts me off when my voice gets very loud. "Everyone is sleeping." He reminds me. "Sorry." I say.

"Anyways, Alex and the spirits must've gotten too used to the light Ezra provided for them. So once we got him back, they couldn't bear another second without it." He says. "So now Alex wants him back." I say getting nervous.

He nods with a worried expression on his face. "And he will do whatever it takes even if it means killing all of us to get to Ezra."