What’s done is done, and there is nothing I can do about it. For the first time in forever, I actually had regret? There was no way that could actually happen. I closed my eyes, trying to fall asleep and have a normal dream or memory but knew that wouldn’t happen. Tomorrow I was going to start my planning.

            It was a stormy night in Colorado; I had just finished cleaning up my house. There was nothing better for me to do at the moment, so cleaning kept me busy. Sometimes I hated living all alone and not having anyone in my life but then again, no one wanted me. I was a messed up, worthless soul on this Earth and I truly believed that. I was basically told that my whole life.

            For twenty years, I lived on this Earth and had no one. My father was an alcoholic who died from liver cancer. Andrew was in jail still and I would never want to see him. There was no one else, except Kelly. That was probably why I loved her so much, she was always there for me and actually cared for me, which is more that I can say about my own parents.

            It was about eight o’clock at night when I heard the doorbell ring. I walked to the door, wondering who would be here this late and in this weather. I opened it to see Kelly standing in the doorway, soaking wet. Despite the rain, it was obvious to see that she was crying. My eyes widened as I stared at her. Then I saw a forming bruise appearing on her cheek.

            “What happened?” I asked, pulling her inside, slamming the door behind us.

            Tears ran down her cheeks and every part of me wanted to hurt whoever did this to her. It pained me to see her hurting like it and I needed to know what happened. She shivered and I forget that she was dripping wet from the rain.

            “Here, you can come wear something of mine while I dry your clothes, then we can talk.” I said.

            She nodded, still not speaking. I could hear her softened cries and sniffles. I walked back to my room in the back of the house and grabbed a shirt that would be way too big on her and a pair of elastic shorts, which she could keep up with the string around the waist. She walked in and I shut the door behind her, still wondering what happened. It was killing me not to know what happened to my Kelly.

            My bedroom door opened and I watched cautiously as Kelly walked out, holding her clothes in her hands. My shirt went down almost to her knees and the shorts were obviously too big also. I took the clothes from her and quickly put them in the dryer. She was sitting on the couch now, still silent. I went and sat down next to her, staring at her wanting some answers.

            “What happened, Kel?” I asked.

            “It was my mom. She was drunk and got mad at  me. She got out of control and punched me. I wasn’t sure where else to go.” She said, sobbing as she wrapped her arms around my waist. She cried into my chest, and all I felt like doing was holding her tightly in my arms.

            “Shh, it’s okay. I’m here for you.” I whispered.

            “Y-you can’t tell me dad about this. Please.” She begged.

            “I don’t know if I can do that. What will you say about the bruise?” I asked, not sure if I should tell Matt. If I did, then, Kelly would be away from that dangerous excuse of a mother but then again she didn’t want me to tell him and I respected her wishes.

            “I’ll say I fell or something, just please promise me that you won’t tell him about this.” She said, wiping away her tears. 

            “Fine, I promise.” I said, sighing.

            I woke up, my eyes watering at the thought of Kelly. I really needed to man up and stop crying. Kelly was gone and I had to accept that. Kelly never talked about that night and I knew she tried to forget it and never think about it. Her mom was always an alcoholic and was a bad drunk, but Kelly made me promise not to tell her dad, so I didn’t. Karen never seemed like a good mom for Kelly, but Kyle ignored that. He was thrilled when he had killed her because she deserved it for hitting Kelly.

            The sun was blaring in my eyes and I groaned as I got out of bed. It was eight in the morning and I knew it was time to start my plan. Everything had to be perfect. You may be asking what is the plan exactly, but I don’t want to tell you just yet. Let’s just say that revenge is revenge and I will get it no matter what. The first thing I had to do was make a phone call. I grabbed my disposable phone and dialed the number on the piece of paper. It rang several times before someone picking up.

            “Hello Kyle.” Dole’s voice said.

            “It’s time, I have a plan. Meet me at the house I told you about.” I replied.

            “Alright, be there in a half hour.” Dole said hanging up the phone.

            I wasn’t sure exactly where he lived at or what he was up to but I knew he would help me out. He said he would. I should have known Dole would be there for me as a partner more than Kayden would. Kayden was just too selfish to be a partner. I hated that Kayden and I had become so close just for it to be ruined. A memory of the two of them came into picture but I quickly shook the thought away. It was bad enough that I was remembering things with Kelly; I didn’t need it with Kayden too.

            There were several things I wanted to do before I got my true revenge on Kayden, one of them giving evidence of Kayden to the police. He pulled out a tape and started to listen to it.

“Hello, Kayden.” My voice said.

There was a sound of the door closing and I knew it was of me. The door was locked by the sound of it and there were footsteps.

 “Hey Kyle, glad to hear from you. I was a little disappointed when I saw you ended up in jail before, yet here you are. It’s sad only one of us can stay out of trouble.” He said. At this point, I knew that I had just sat down next to him. Kayden would regret double crossing me like he did.

“Yes, here I am. I escaped, cops are stupid though. I’m glad you’re here. How have you been? Anything interesting?” My voice said through the tape.

 “Well since you asked,” He paused. “For the past couple years I have traveled America, going every state, kidnapping girls. I made a chart of every state and the girl I took. Then I killed each one and I just finished all the states when you called. Best few years I have had. You have to love the adrenaline it gives you to kidnap. Man I am the best at it. It’s a shocker that I haven’t gotten caught. I guess I’m just that good.” He laughed.

“I can’t disagree with you there, but I wouldn’t be so cocky if I were you.” I replied, know how ironic his last statement was, since the police now knew who he was.

“You know you love my cocky side. But there was this one girl from New York and lets just say I think the feistiest girls have to come from there. Damn, like I kept her alive extra longer just because he entertained and amused me.” He chuckled.

Then the tape ended. I had recorded this conversation, just in case I needed it as payback. The police would soon have evidence and proof that Kayden was a killer and kidnapper. It was now a race to see who could get to him first, me or the cops.

 Hey guys, so here is chapter 2!!! So yes I may lie sometimes when I say I wont update as fast, haha. It just depends if I have ideas or not. What did you think about the flashbacks? How do you feel about Kyle? Really want to know what you are thinking. This chapter's dedication goes to @crazylizlol. Thanks for commenting, keep it up. Oh and how do you guys like the cover? Just wondering. :)

One last question:

What do you think Kyle will do to Kayden for revenge??? :D